Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

OT : Does anyone know who this is???

Hello all -

I would post this in the AUTO section, but I know it would just sit there with few looks...

I was just going through and doing some new sheets listing the panels of all of my multi signed balls and I just cannot figure this one signature out...

It is on a 2000 Yankees Team Ball - I have verified 34 of the 35 autos on the ball and researched every player and coach from the 2000 team that I haven't verified and I can't find any autos that match this one...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

- Chris

Re: OT : Does anyone know who this is???

The attachments below list the entire 2000 Yankees Roster as well as who I have verified on the ball...

Thanks!

- Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not an auto expert but Ted Williams maybe??

Far from Ted Williams.

Chris, I have searched for about 30 minutes tyring to help. Came up empty handed. My guess is maybe is was a Spring Training Non Roster invitee?

Not a Yankee in 2000 but it sort of looks like a Tom Gordon rushed sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    Far from Ted Williams.

Chris, I have searched for about 30 minutes tyring to help. Came up empty handed. My guess is maybe is was a Spring Training Non Roster invitee?
    Cap -

Yeah, I know it isn't Williams. 1st, he never signed that way (especially that close - 2 years - before his death) and 2nd, he would NEVER have signed a YANKEES team ball!!!

Unfortunately, I have no way to search previous ST Non Roster Invitee rosters... But, I like where your head is at...

At least I was able to verify all of the main guys:

Clemens
    Pettitte
    Posada
    Jeter
    Torre
    Rivera
    Martinez

I mean, I'm not going to cry over not knowing ONE guy out of 35 on a ball from their LAST Championship Year...

- Chris

Per more on-line research of exemplars, I know that it is NOT:

Tom Gordon or Tommy John...

The ball has a NICE Tino on it already, and researching his sig, I didn't see any rushed exemplars that looked close to this...

I do appreciate all of the help - and, like I told Cap Sports, I'm not going to cry if I can't figure out ONE auto out of 35 on the ball... especially considering what I picked this ball up for - this was TRUE eBay steal... I bought this about 2 years ago and the seller only knew that Torre was on the sweet spot, so he guessed it was a Yankees ball of the 1996 - 200? era... I had to bid against 2 guys - it closed at like 2am here in Denver - I won the ball for $52 + $5 shipping...

I just started going through my team balls and making detailed pages of how many autos are on the ball, who they are, and the panels and order in which they appears for future reference and this ONE auto is the only one I can't seem to find.

I narrowed it down to the 2000 team based on the players on the ball and the players that are NOT on the ball (Soriano - LATE 2000 call up for the WS)...

At one point (based on the various versions of his autos) I thought I might have lucked into it being a quick Steinbrenner - I have seen some that his G looks similar to the start of this and some that the S looks similar to the 2nd half, but I cannot find any that have the two together to conclusively make that judgement... he does have many versions where the end of Steinbrenner is just a squiggly tail like this auto...

Any other thoughts???

Thanks again for all the thoughts and insights...

- Chris