Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh Hamilton vintage bat BMH got it right.

I ran into Joe Macko at the Rangers game last night. I asked him if Josh Hamilton used one of this bats in a recent game. He said he thought Hamilton would like one of his old bats and brought it to the clubhouse to show him. I believe he said it is an S2, does that sound correct, and is 36 inches long and about 40 years old. He said Hamilton used it in a game and got a hit and a couple of sacrifice flies I believe. He said Hamilton still has the bat and may use it again. Brian was right about it being a Macko Louisville Slugger. What is the lenght of the C353 Louisville Slugger Hamilton is using now?

Re: Josh Hamilton vintage bat BMH got it right.

That is a great story. Surprised one of the big news organizations hasn't written a story about that!

Way to go BMH!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

That is so cool.

Hamilton is becoming one of my favorites. Love his personality.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love this story
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

He currently uses a 35in/33oz bat.
    Brian Hillerich

Brian, if I understood Mr. Macko right he said the bat of his Hamilton is using is an S2 from about 40 years ago. Did I get the model right?

Banned

I actually held that exact bat last season, and can tell you it is LOG!!!

Mr. Macko was down in Corpus Christi when the Hooks (Astros AA Minor League team) were having a weekend celebration for the old Corpus Christi Giants.

He came through the clubhouse with it and told me it was the same bat that he used when he played. It was like a telephone pole. Mr. Macko is quite a character! I believe he said he was an ambassador for the Rangers.

Cool story!

Great story and find! I wonder if anyone else has tried this before - using a 50's or 60's model bat? Any other cool stories like this out there?
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Josh gave "turn back the clock" a whole new meaning!

How about the game in 1997 where David Wells wore a 35K Babe Ruth game used cap to the mound during the first inning. Joe Torre made him take it off after the first inning because it violated MLB uniform protocol.

Also I remember reading once that Mike Schmidt used a 70's era Adirondack bat during a game in the 80's too.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

The older players, especially in the early 1900's swung some really big wood. I just got a bat in this week that is from H & B's earliest labeling (JF Hillerich & Son) period and it is huge. It was used in 1911 by Hank Severeid during his rookie season. The bat is 36" and weighs a whopping 44oz.