I see how it can end up going either way. My son is 9 months old now. When he's finally at the age where he understands, I want him to know about the guys that I grew up watching - from the Schmidt, Rose, Tug McGraw era to the Lenny Dykstra, John Kruk, Darren Daulton era. If I still have my collection and pass it down to my kids, I want them to appreciate that stuff as much as he would appreciate a jersey off the back of the player he just watched play the night before - but he might not.

There's no right or wrong - most of us collect because we enjoy. We collect what we like, and what we can afford. If I could afford to have a Richie Ashburn flannel hanging in my house, I would, but instead I have things that mean more to me, and things that are more in my budget - Bo Diaz Jersey, Mitch Williams Jersey, 1980 and 1993 phillies gu bats, etc.

And if the time comes where we have to sell for one reason or another, we hope that we might be able to turn a profit, but of course there are no guarantees. I'm okay with that.