Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1980's USA Baseball........help, please?

good morning tim...... great jerseys... i have a red rawlings with no patches, number 11, below the tag the name hoover is written with a sharpie, any of your jerseys have names written on them???.. id love a blue one when your ready to sell them sincerely, jeff

Hey, Jeff!

When these jerseys were found in the attic of the equipment room, there were several jerseys with names on them; what I/the coaches decided to do was to try and track down anyone who was on the 1984 USA team whose jersey we knew we had, and try to get those players the jerseys. Most of the ones with names on them were blue, including a "Hoover," and I sent him his. I also sent out Rod Dedeaux's jersey to his son in LA, Flavio Alfario's jersey to Sacramento, plus Don August, Gary Green, Art Mazmanian, etc.

There were originally red, white and blue jerseys brought back to GSU by Coach Stallings. Most of the blue and white ones were "re-furbished" and used by GSU as "EAGLES" jerseys during the early 1990's; in fact, if you see a picture of the 1990 College WS team, you see the old white Team USA/1984 Olympic jerseys being worn. What I have is mostly red....as UGA is red, and GSU couldn't re-use the red jerseys!?

thanks tim... id love a red with the patches on both sleeves smaller size,(40-42) when your ready to part with them, sincerely, jeff

I wanted to thank everyone for e-mailing me with info and photos to help in my research...if anyone has any questions, suggestions, or comments, please write!! Thanks again!

Tim
    "hollywoodfallguy@yahoo.com"

A quick note; www.collegejersey.com has the first "set" of these up for sale for me; twenty-three "Mizunos" are up currently!?

Tim

All: I'm sending a set of these jerseys to MEARS to sell during their December auction; take a look when it is up and running!?

T