Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking 1980's USA Baseball........help, please?

Hello, all......
    My name is Tim Metcalf, and I am the Asst. Athletics Compliance Director for Georgia Southern University. Our previous head baseball coach, Jack Stallings, served as coach on several "USA Baseball" teams during the 1980's, including the 1983 Pan Am Games, in Venezuela, the 1984 Baseball World Tournament in Havana, Cuba, and the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. Coach Stallings kept several of the uniforms from those competitions to use for GSU baseball, and while a lot of those uniforms have been discarded, an assistant coach and I found what was "left" in the attic of the baseball equipment room a couple of months ago. While I know the origins of a couple of these jerseys.....the blue # 36 is Drew Hall, an alternate in LA/'84, and the red # 10 is Gary Green, who particiapted in LA/'84....there are several sets that I don't know much about. Can these be LA/'84 warm-ups? BP jerseys? Are the ones that are different styles, but still Rawlings, be from from 1983/Venezuela? 84/Havana? Are the Mizunos from a different competition I don't know about?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated; Coach Stallings was as much help as he could be, but he has travelled a LOT of miles in the last 50 years......!?

I will attach photos ASAP....

Thanks!

Tim

Re: 1980's USA Baseball........help, please?

www.jerseydave.com

Try this guy, not sure if he can help but he has helped/answered alot for me concerning uSA Baseball.

davidperkins@usabaseball.com

On a side not, are these jerseys going to be put up for sale?

Good luck with your info hunt..

David.
    www.jerseydave.com

Thanks, Dave...........I'll give him a buzz!

And, yes..........the coaches want to sell them, once we have figured out "what we have?"

Tim

These are the jerseys I have; David Perkins has helped some, but I'm still looking for more info. I spoke with Will Clark (yes, THE Will Clark), and he offered some info on the blue jerseys, as he said they were used in 1984 as batting practice jerseys. He said some of the others were possibly used as worn to team gatherings or promotional events.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Cont....

Cont.

Tim,

Great looking jersey's! What's your email? I would like to talk to you a little more about them. Thanks!

Michael
    Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

FYI....the photos shown are an example of each "type" of jersey I have; I actually have over 130 USA jerseys...see photo below. Also included is a coaches photo from the 1980's.

T