Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    halofan

Re: Player Authenticated Items In Person

I have taken some GU bats to get signed and they all confirmed that it was their bats.

Took a Mike Scioscia gamer to a signing, and he got excited to see the bat, held it, looked it over then Howie Kendrick was next to him and M. Scisocia says " Hey Howie, check out my bat" and Howie held it looked it over and swung it. Scisocia got a kick out of seeing it.

Took a gamer to Howie Kendrick signing, i was standing in line, Howie noticed it and says " Let me see that, Thats one of mine" looked it over, signed it and he put game used on the bat for me.

Took 2 gamers to Tim Salmon signing, he looked them both over, said
    "They our mine" he liked seeing them and I got a picture with him.

Last year Ventura authenticated jersey and bat at show in Queens N.Y.day before last game at Shea.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Last year Ventura authenticated jersey and bat at show in Queens N.Y.day before last game at Shea.

Love the inscription on the photo!

What high profile players don't sign things as game used...

I'm sure there are a number of players, especially ones that have been out of the game for 20+ years, who are not comfortable signing "Game used" it's been to long for them to remember in most cases.

I wonder if there has ever been a situation where a collector who has been waiting line, full of anticipation of getting one of his GU collectibles signed, only to have the athlete question the authenticity of the item right there at the table, with others looking on. How embarrassing can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post

thats got to be the most honest inscription i have ever seen on a photo. great piece.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.