Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Carlos Ruiz bat on eBay

Anybody see this bat? What's with that Rawlings logo ink-transfer on the barrel? That definitely doesn't come from a major league baseball:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/
  • Lokee
    Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Carlos Ruiz bat on eBay

come color ink though

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lokee
      come color ink though

Did you mean same color ink? If so then I actually think it's a shade lighter than on a major league baseball.
      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• stlgroundskeeper
        • May 2006

That looks like the same light blue logo off of a Rawlings Official League Ball that you can buy at a local sporting goods store or walmart. It isnt the dark blue that a major league ball has on it. Also it is a circular rawlings logo imprint on the bat which is not on any major or minor league ball. It looks like fake use to me. It would be interesting to see if maybe the Carlos Ruiz marucci that was on ebay a couple months ago is the same as this one with added use.

Andrew

Comment

• mbrieve
          • Jul 2008

The Rawlings ink trasfer is very fishy...

From the same seller, I can't remember Ivan Rodriguez EVER sporting a tape job like this:

Comment

• AWA85
            • Jan 2008

That seller has had a few questionable items in the past. The Griffey jersey he is selling now seems a little odd to me also with the sizing and amount of use on the property tag.
            Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

I do not work for nor have any financial involvement with this seller but have dealt with him in the past for business purposes.

And I can say i feel comfortable with purchasing products from him.

I myself have questioned an item or 2 of his and have spoke with him about it and he had a beleiveable reason behind them.

I personally do not think he would take an item and add use to it. This is just my opinion.

Again take that with a grain of salt and do your own homework and of course I would suggest contact the seller.

Take for instance the pudge bat. I doubt he would take a Pudge bat that has been MLB Authenticated and add taping to it that would not match Pudges nomral use charecteristics.
              Another example is the Sheff bat, the seller himself says it shows light use but he himself considers it to only be issued.

So basically however he acquires the item with whatever story made be told to him or the best assesment he can make and he sells it as such.

Again these are just my opinions!!

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by AWA85
                That seller has had a few questionable items in the past. The Griffey jersey he is selling now seems a little odd to me also with the sizing and amount of use on the property tag.

Actually I just read the description on that.

You can't get any more honest on that auction. So I am not sure what the problem is.

He claims himself several times and in bold he is selling it as Pro cut Game Issued. He is stating that it does show use but he doesn't know enough about the Jerey to call it Game Used.
                The size on the Jersey seems fine.
                I have seen several Reds Jerseys from Griffey jr. that are 46 and 48
                Given of course those are real

Comment

• sportscentury
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by kylehess10
                  Did you mean same color ink?
                  Geez, I hope that's what he meant.
                  Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

I found a couple of Rawlings practice balls which have the similar "R" in a circle stamping.
                    Attached Files
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
                      • Nov 2005

These practice balls are smaller than the regulation official MLB balls and are design to be used in BP. The theory being that hitting with these slightly smaller practice balls will make it easier to hit the larger MLB baseballs in game situations.

While we all know that official MLB balls are used in BP in major league ball parks, I can't help but wonder if these practice balls are loaded into the pitching machines in the batting cages ?? Perhaps this bat was used in the batting cages if that was the case.
                      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• AWA85
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by suave1477
                        Actually I just read the description on that.

You can't get any more honest on that auction. So I am not sure what the problem is.

He claims himself several times and in bold he is selling it as Pro cut Game Issued. He is stating that it does show use but he doesn't know enough about the Jerey to call it Game Used.
                        The size on the Jersey seems fine.
                        I have seen several Reds Jerseys from Griffey jr. that are 46 and 48
                        Given of course those are real

You have a point Suave, just something about an issued jersey with a ton of use has me confused .

Comment

• sportscentury
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by AWA85
                          You have a point Suave, just something about an issued jersey with a ton of use has me confused .
                          Yes, it's very odd. The jersey shows terrific (game?/administered?) wear. So much so that the seller emphasizes that the "jersey shows a ton of use." However, he also emphasizes that he is only selling the jersey as a game issued/pro-cut. That's pretty darn strange.
                          Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                            • Nov 2005

i think it's neat to see a griffey jersey without the 2" of extra length that griffey has taken for most of his career.

i also think it's neat to see a reds tag that has "property" misspelled as "proerty". i assume those tags are printed off in batches so there should be many other misspelled 2001 reds tags out there.

rudy.

Comment

• AWA85
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kingjammy24
                              i think it's neat to see a griffey jersey without the 2" of extra length that griffey has taken for most of his career.

i also think it's neat to see a reds tag that has "property" misspelled as "proerty". i assume those tags are printed off in batches so there should be many other misspelled 2001 reds tags out there.

rudy.
                              I don't think the plus 2" is a complete deal breaker because I have seen many legit jerseys that do not have that, but many are from his early days and than the later ones have either had the plus 2" or gone up to 48 as you would expect with somebody getting a little older.

The property tag issues is a little different though, maybe it was a current employee for the Nationals that used to work for the Reds?

Comment

Working...