Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2001 Reds Jersey Question

I am curious as to why my 2001 Larkin and 2001 Dunn jerseys have different tags? The Larkin has the "size/polyester" tag next to the "property of" tag while the Dunn ones are centered. Did they do them 2 different ways or is one of them modified or faked? Appreciate any insights.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: 2001 Reds Jersey Question

I will check some of my Reds jerseys, but I know I have seen both methods on mine before.

By the way great jerseys, willing to part with the Dunn at all? Shoot me an email at AWA85@live.com
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Looking at them a little closer, the numbers on the Dunn seem a little odd? Also I really don't think Dunner would be a size 44?!?! I had one of his jerseys in the past and it was huge, not sure of the exact size.

Banned

There's no way Dunn would fit into a smaller jersey than the tapered 46 Larkin uses. Also, maybe it's the lighting in the photo, but the 44 looks to be a noticeably different shade of red than the CINCINNATI. Plus, the font for the 44 seems odd.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

What does the back of the jersey look like on the "Dunn" jersey? Would you mind sharing a photo of that?

The Larkin matches up with his size and is a great jersey!

I have a Dunn alternate from 03 with the Inaugural GABP patch and it's a size 52. I seriously doubt he wore a size 44. A 44 is a medium isn't it? I was also going to say the font on the front 44's looks a little strange.

not that it has anything to do with the OP's question but:

1) the team wordmarks differ. the left side of dunn's jersey has "CINCI". the left side of larkin's jersey has "CINC". interesting production anomaly. quickly looking at some getty photos of the '01 reds shows most wearing the "CINCI" version but an Apr/2001 photo of larkin shows him wearing the "CINC" version.

2) the dunn strip tag has "Property" misspelled as "Proerty"

rudy.

here are some photos of dunn from 2000/2001:

can you show some pics of the back of the dunn shirt?

rudy.

Wow, I didn't expect responses this fast. You guys confirmed my suspicions that the Larkin jersey is good and the Dunn isn't. I'll be returning the Dunn jersey. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I had heard of some bogus casey and larkin jerseys done back in 2001 when I was at Redsfest. A friend of mine from Kentucky was telling me about it. The property tags were done differently.They were coming out of the Georgia area. There was a guy selling Reds jerseys every week, the same players. There only so many jerseys made each year, so it raised some eyebrows among us collectors/sellers here in Cincinnati about how this guy was getting top player jerseys to sell on a weekly basis. He was selling out of SCD.