Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2001 Reds Jersey Question

the back numbers don't look good either.

a few years ago, it became apparent that someone had made up a stack of "pro" coded majestic wash tags. apparently in response to collectors placing so much reliance on wash codes, they figured if they could make up a bunch of 0062 tags, then that'd help things greatly. anyway, other than the wash code, legit majestic tags had some other type of code on them. not sure what it referred to but it seemed to vary greatly from team to team under legit circumstances. the person who made up the fake 0062 tags screwed up in this sense because while they included that category of code, they printed off one entire batch with the same code, regardless of team, etc; "0503B2".
    it didn't help that many of those tags were sewn on top of the seam. my guess is they used a single legit wash tag as a master or prototype and printed off multiple copies. they probably figured that collectors wouldn't be able to come together and realize that many of them had the exact same code on their jerseys whereas in legit circumstances those codes varied greatly.

this jersey also has the strip tag misspelled as "Proerty..":

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26130

like the dunn jersey in this thread, it also has the strip tag sewn outside of the mfr tag. (the larkin jersey has the strip tag sewn underneath the mfr tag). anyone have any other "Proerty" reds jerseys?

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I have a Dunn alternate from 03 with the Inaugural GABP patch and it's a size 52. I seriously doubt he wore a size 44. A 44 is a medium isn't it? I was also going to say the font on the front 44's looks a little strange.

A 44!???

The only way Adam Dunn fits into a size 44 ANYTHING is if it's made out of 100% spandex, and that's only if he's going out for a night on the town looking for a date while on a road trip in San Francisco....

Interestingly this 2001 Griffey jersey appears to have all the telltale signs of being faked by the same person that did my Dunn. Misspelled "Proerty" tag, the tag sewn under the manufacturer's tag and the wrong numbers. The numbers are too big and have a wider white border.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250433131259