Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: NBA Finals jerseys

I apologize for not reviewing before submitting the post, I meant to say the NBA Store's official Facebook page.

Obviously Barry is the one who would have the real answer for this, but my guess would be that the display that is on their facebook page doesn't necessarily have to be the actual game 1 jersey. It's hard to read the writing in this picture, but it looks like it's basically an ad to tell people to go to nba auctions to buy Kobe's game 1 worn jersey... but not saying that the one in the picture is that specific jersey.

Just my guess...

$15,000....$5,000....$100,000

it doesnt matter, jtnbafan is going home with all of them.

I think prices for these jerseys have been going really low, and it is bc people realize you just cant win and are not bidding.

I agree that it might be an ad, maybe from last year's NBA Finals showing the Game 1 jersey where the tags where below the size tagging.
    But likewise, Barry is the only one who will know for sure

Hi everybody,

Just saw this thread, and the answer is none of the above.

Actually, the jersey in the NBA Team Store is the exact jersey, as Kobe wore it.

The picture of the Kobe jersey was taken before Kobe wore it, since we had to prepare for the auction that began at tipoff.

Due to severe time constraints (jerseys are not prepared until the Finalists are determined and we have very little time to get them from adidas, photograph them, tag them, and get them to the teams), the tag Kobe was laid on top of the jock tag for the photograph.

The tag was sewn in by our seamstress AFTER the photo, and the tags were sewn below the jock tags. If you look closely at the photos, you can see that the tag number is the same in the NBA Auction Photo and in the NBA Storefront window.

NBA and MGG program directors carried the entire set directly out of Staples Center after Game 1 and out of Amway Arena after Game 3. The jerseys went directly to NBA and MGG offices, and the Kobe took a detour at the NBA Store.

The Game 1 auction ends tonight. Good luck everybody.

Barry

Good morning Barry and thank you for coming by to address this question immediately. I hope the winners of tonight's auction are also aware of this thread so there is no confusion when they receive the jerseys why the MeiGray security tagging is in a different location than shown on the auction photos.

Barry since you also mentioned the seamstress who stitches the tags onto the jersey, could you please pass along my thanks and appreciation for the fine job that is done with all MeiGray pieces? Though it may not sound much, I am always grateful at how the taggings are always sewn on with precision and in alignment with the jocktags, unlike those other sellers of game used items who sloppily slap on their seals of authentication in a wacky fashion.

I will Mbenga28.
    And by the way it is seamstresses, not seamstress.
    We use a team of sewers for the many leagues with which we partner.

Good luck in tonight's auction, everybody.

Barry

Just re-read my post.

Here's a vote for being able to edit these posts.

Why?

I just wrote sewer, for someone who sews. Doesn't look right, looks like water going down a drain in a street.

Oh well. Hope you all know what I meant, hope my sew ... er, seamstresses, don't read GUU.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    $15,000....$5,000....$100,000

it doesnt matter, jtnbafan is going home with all of them.

I think prices for these jerseys have been going really low, and it is bc people realize you just cant win and are not bidding.

the prices for the jerseys is amazing!

Kobe's Game1 just closed at a tad over $35k

Good 'ol 'jtnbafan' swoopin in at 10mins to go before the auction initially was to end As well as half a dozen other jerseys.. lol... hey, if ya got the $$$, why not I say!