Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

NBA Finals jerseys

Will the Lakers and Magic NBA Finals jerseys be auctioned off again this year? Also, does anyone know if teams are issued brand new jerseys for the Finals or will they continue to use the same ones throughout the other playoff rounds with the Finals trophy patch now affixed on?

Re: NBA Finals jerseys

Hi Yankees24,

Thanks for the question.

The NBA and MeiGray Game-Worn Authentication Program will be tagging new jerseys for the Magic and Lakers for Games 1 and 3, and will be offering these jerseys via auction.

NBA & MGG will be on hand collecting these jerseys immediately after Game 1 at Staples Center and Game 3 at Amway Arena.

The Game 1 auction (Lakers home, Magic road) will begin at tipoff of Game 1 Thursday night.

Regards,
    Barry

Hi Barry, I had a quick question for you. For the jerseys being auctioned, does that include bench players to? I am a HUGE JJ Redick fan, and I am about 100% sure he wont see any playing time in either of those games but would still love the chance to bid on his jersey. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Barry could you elaborate if these jerseys will only be worn for Games 1 and 3? If so, what about those used for Games 2,4 and if necessary 5, 6, and 7? Thanks.

Hi guys,

Yes, we will be tagging jerseys for all 15 players on the rosters. So this set will include three game-issued jerseys, for guys who are not dressed, and they could include players who were dressed, but DNP (coach's decision).

The jerseys worn in games other than 1 and 3 will remain property of the teams.

Hope this helps,
    Barry

Banned

Barry-

Do you happen to know how many total sets of home and road jerseys will be worn by each team? Is a new set used for each game?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Kobe up over $10,000 already. I predicted $15,000 to another GUU member when the jerseys were first posted. Perhaps I underestimated it.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

considering Kobe's historical performance in Game 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for even more than the prices his jerseys sold for in last year's Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    considering Kobe's historical performance in Game 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for even more than the prices his jerseys sold for in last year's Finals.
    Mbenga -- well, they lost last year. If the Lakers continue to play like they did in Game 1, then I would expect this year's would go for considerably more (the difference in historical significance would be enormous if the Lakers win it all this year). What did last year's Kobe Game 1 jersey go for? And what is your prediction for this year's?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

hi sportscentury, enclosed is the link to Kobe's road jersey from Game 1 of last year's Finals (this was also worn in Game 2 as well).

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncom...aunbr=95196278

because of Kobe's performance in Game 1 his best in any Finals games he's played in thus far, and if the Lakers go on to win the title, I wouldn't be surprised to see the gold home jersey sell for at least 25,000.00$ USD.