X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodle
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Re: NBA Finals jerseys

They should just make this a private auction for jtnbafan (previously known as exquisite613).

He would at times wait for the last 3 minutes before putting a bid on those Latin Nights jersey to tease the previous high bidder.

BRAVO

Comment

• BarryMeisel
      • Jan 1970

Hi Mbenga,

Spacing for sewing at the bottom of the jerseys is the reason the tags were placed where they were for these sets.

Barry

Comment

• nickacs
        • Apr 2009

Hi Barry,
        Thanks for offering these jerseys again! I was curious, last night I went on the auctions.nba website and saw most of the Game 1 jerseys already up to bid on by the 3rd quarter? Does this mean the players wore one jersey for the 1st half and a new one for the 2nd half?

Thanks!

Comment

• mbenga28
          • Nov 2008

thank you Barry and hope you had a great time at the game! and doodle please take your jealousy and negativity elsewhere, you had just an equal opportunity to bid on the jerseys as well.

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mbenga28
            thank you Barry and hope you had a great time at the game! and doodle please take your jealousy and negativity elsewhere, you had just an equal opportunity to bid on the jerseys as well.
            Thank you.
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• doodle
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

tupperwares

Comment

• mbenga28
                • Nov 2008

I'm curious to know why you feel this way doodle? Winners of the auctions did nothing wrong, they placed their bids to their highest price they could afford and won. Is there a problem?

Comment

• BarryMeisel
                  • Jan 1970

Hi Nickacs,

No, the jerseys were photographed before they were sent to the teams, so it had nothing to do with first half/second half.

We authenticated the jerseys after the game, since a few players did change at halftime. That information has been updated in the auctions as follows:

For Los Angeles, Lamar Odom changed jerseys at halftime, so his first half jersey is the one up for auction.

For Orlando, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu changed jerseys at halftime, so their first half jerseys are the ones up for auction.

Regards, Barry

Comment

• nickacs
                    • Apr 2009

Thank you Barry for the information!

Comment

• rmsportsfan
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

Hello Barry,

Why only the first-half jerseys and not make both jerseys available to give more people the opportunity to own these awesome jerseys?

Do the players keep the other jersey for remembrance?

Thanks!

Comment

• rmsportsfan
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

All I want is a Fish! Could you please ask Fish to wear a different jersey for each quarter in game 3? he he he

He's jersey is in my wishlist that I gave to Barb.

Beat LA! Beat LA! <-- most famous chant

Comment

• BarryMeisel
                          • Jan 1970

RMSportsfan,

It is because our agreement calls for us to get one set of home and one set of road jerseys from both teams in the Finals.

Barry

Comment

• sportscentury
                            • Nov 2005

Kobe up over $10,000 already. I predicted $15,000 to another GUU member when the jerseys were first posted. Perhaps I underestimated it.
                            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• mbenga28
                              • Nov 2008

considering Kobe's historical performance in Game 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for even more than the prices his jerseys sold for in last year's Finals.

Comment

• sportscentury
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mbenga28
                                considering Kobe's historical performance in Game 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for even more than the prices his jerseys sold for in last year's Finals.
                                Mbenga -- well, they lost last year. If the Lakers continue to play like they did in Game 1, then I would expect this year's would go for considerably more (the difference in historical significance would be enormous if the Lakers win it all this year). What did last year's Kobe Game 1 jersey go for? And what is your prediction for this year's?

Comment

Working...