Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Banned

Re: June Pick Ups

Picked up my 3rd Kubel Gamer today.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2008 Aaron Boone Nationals Bat - Thanks Andrew!

2002 Aaron Boone Cincinnati Reds Road Jersey - Thanks Adam!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Banned

Today at the Cell was a blast! As usual, I made my trade of goodies with Tribe coach Joel Skinner, and got a bat that, to say the least, was unusual to find in the Cleveland discards...a brown Marucci bat of OF Nyjer Morgan (from a previous interleague series). Crack wasn't too severe, so I'm happy right there. But (and you knew there'd be a "but")...it was cleanup day for pregame baseballs. I found one in an empty seat, another rolled within reach by the wall near the dugout, and two members of the staff (Skinner and bullpen catcher Dan Williams) tossed me BP baseballs. The two from the field staff were intriguing, as they were final season Metrodome baseballs from their previous stop in Minneapolis (must've gotten mixed into the Indians' BP bucket). Skinner's gift was a straight BP ball, while the one from Williams was originally a game ball with an obvious mud rub. I may let the BP Twins ball go, but the other stuff stays put.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Got a Tony Perez 73-75 H&B Reds gamer. Won't have it for a few weeks, but it's a beauty. From Taube.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I may let the BP Twins ball go....
    Hi there, Dave!!!! Contact me if you do decide to let the Metrodome ball leave your collection. Would look nice next to the Cordova HR ball.

That's a handsome Perez bat! Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    I was watching that auction but the fact that the card the seller was using to verify Michael wore this style of glove wasn't even the same style of glove the seller was selling was a red flag to me. But if they are real you got a steal.
    he was using that picture as a reference, he wasn't saying they were the actual pair. he sent me a personal guarantee and actual pictures of him in the Baron's locker room. there's one picture he did not put on his auction that he sent to me that shows all of jordan's IX baseball cleats in MJ's locker room. they're authentic.

Picked these up from ebay just recently, Edgar Martinez game used batting gloves from 1998. They were a major steal on ebay and they are freaking awesome! Came with coa from Mill Creek.

Caught both of these balls during batting practice at todays Yankees game.

The ball on the left was hit by Derek Jeter and caught by Jose Moline who then threw it to me.

The ball on the right was hit by Jorge Posada and then used as a warm up ball by Mariano Rivera and Phil Coke. Phil threw it to me when he was done, and I had Phil sign it. I asked him what pitch he was working with Mo on. He said it was a slider that Mo learned from Mel Stottlemyre. Pretty neat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

So Saturday I get a text message from GUU member MarkFD that he needs Elijah Dukes HR bat from the game he went 3-4 with a HR and one of the craziest double plays (ESPN WebGem) you will ever see.

I then sent a text to Elijah who texted me back after the game and said done deal. We met 2 blocks from the stadium after yesterday's game (YES in the McDonald's parking lot!!!)

Name:  dukes_at_McD.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  dukes_HR_Bat.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  dukes_HR_Bat2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  144.8 KB

The bat is hammered and has the most amazing verso Major League Baseball imprint on it.

Congrats to MarkFD on a great bat!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500