Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Mr.3000

Re: June Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by Gameusedfan1 View Post
    Alright I can respect that, The MLB holo does say it was worn the 11th and the photos are from the 11th, so Just adds to it for me. Kyle can you help me out here at all?

Gameusedfan1/Sheffield11, not even going to ask why you have 2 active ID's at the same time.

That said...you might want to consider revising your item description in your Ebay auction for your "June Pick up".

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-JOSE-REYES-...3A1%7C294%3A50

As it's already been mentioned, each player is issued 2 jerseys for AS weekend. Based on your photo evidence, there is no way for you to definitively state that Reyes wore this particular jersey the entire AS weekend, through all fielding practices, all batting practices and even the HR Derby......as you do in your auction.

That's not only a bit presuptuous but quite misleading to any and all potential bidders. IMHO.

I apologize to all for the slight derail of this thread. Please resume your June postings

Quote Originally Posted by Gameusedfan1 View Post
    Alright I can respect that, The MLB holo does say it was worn the 11th and the photos are from the 11th, so Just adds to it for me. Kyle can you help me out here at all?
    Anthony, did you see posts 54 and 55 in this thread?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    Gameusedfan1/Sheffield11, not even going to ask why you have 2 active ID's at the same time.

That said...you might want to consider revising your item description in your Ebay auction for your "June Pick up".

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-JOSE-REYES-...3A1%7C294%3A50

As it's already been mentioned, each player is issued 2 jerseys for AS weekend. Based on your photo evidence, there is no way for you to definitively state that Reyes wore this particular jersey the entire AS weekend, through all fielding practices, all batting practices and even the HR Derby......as you do in your auction.

That's not only a bit presuptuous but quite misleading to any and all potential bidders. IMHO.

I apologize to all for the slight derail of this thread. Please resume your June postings
    I agree. There is some shady stuff going on here. See my last post, as well.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Hey guys, don't want to sound like a whiner, but I think a few would agree with me here, if your going to question another members item, why not open a a new thread and hash it out there. Would be nice to keep this open for only June pick-ups!

Thanks, Bobby

Lastings Milledge signed letter responded to my "fan mail"

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Hey guys, don't want to sound like a whiner, but I think a few would agree with me here, if your going to question another members item, why not open a a new thread and hash it out there. Would be nice to keep this open for only June pick-ups!

Thanks, Bobby

My mistake. My apologies. If I feel the need to discuss his item any further I will do just that and start a seperate thread.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post

Lastings Milledge signed letter responded to my "fan mail"

whoa. dod milledge send all that stuff? thats amazing.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Honestly my jersey shows use, smells like sweat, and has pulled threads. It was definitely used by reyes and I personally feel that the pictures shown are a perfect match for it. Its up to the person of interest to decide for themselves but thats my opinion. Also I plan on keeping the jersey unless I get a good offer for it, I dont post all my items on here, just ones I would keep. I love my jersey. Now lets not waste anymore threads with this and lets see some more great june pick ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post

BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    I don't mean to stick my nose in here, but each player is issued 2 of these shirts. They wear them for workout day, the HR derby, and batting practice the day of the game. It stands to reason that Reyes may have worn both of the 2 issued to him. That means calling this a photomatch may not be completely accurate. I know Andrew Lang has an Alfonso Soriano BP shirt from 2006 with MLB holo listed in the database as game used, and I think you know about the other. So although he is also in the photo you posted with the Reyes photomatch, without a stain, pulled threads, etc calling Drew's shirt a match may also be a stretch.

mark
    Mark - I would think some players could get issued more than 2 BP's as I have seen family wearing them too. I saw Mariano Rivera and his kids wearing the exact same jersey so I think it would come down to sizing also.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500