Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dwight Gooden 93 Mets and 01 Edgardo Alfonzo team issued on ebay

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the board about 2 auctions that are currently running on ebay.The seller is a member here also but failed to give all the details in his descriptions on the auctions.I will post links at the end of the post.

The 93 Mets Road Dwight Gooden was a gamer of a less known player that was stripped by the seller and sent to Stitches to be customized into a Dwight Gooden which he later had Gooden sign at a show.

The next auction he has running is a 2001 Edgardo Alfonzo that was bought as a blank team issued.They were circulating on ebay a few years ago.This blank was also sent to Stitches to be turned into a home Alfonzo with the 9-11-01 and flag patch added.

I know this because I am on another message board with the seller and he had mentioned this when posting pics f the jerseys.Me personally this type of thing only hurts the hobby in the long run.I am not perfect but when selling an item if the jersey was altered in any way shape or form that should be mentioned when passing it along to a potential buyer.Here is the link and thanks for your time guys..

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/metsfan808
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Mr.3000

Re: Dwight Gooden 93 Mets and 01 Edgardo Alfonzo team issued on ebay

Thanks for the heads up Greg. Kind of disappointing to see a GUU member postng items without full disclosure.

if thats true, its outrageous

Trust me it is and I feel the same way.That is why I wanted to let you guys all know..

I am the seller of these two jerseys and I am in way shape or form trying to deceive anyone. I am not claiming that these jerseys are any type of game used jerseys. They are not retail authentic jerseys and they are not replicas which is why they were listed as team issued because those jerseys are team issued jerseys I did not say that they were game issued. I think that I listed them in an honest way. I did not say in any part of that listing that the jerseys were in any way shape or form game used by either of those players.

Scott I know that you are upset about me outbidding you on a jersey in the last Hunt auction but this is low. If there is a problem with my listing I think that after knowing you for over 3 years that maybe I deserved the benefit of the doubt and you could have contacted me via email, or phone (of which you have both) to express you concerns and allow me to explain why I listed the jerseys the way I did.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    I am the seller of these two jerseys and I am in way shape or form trying to deceive anyone. I am not claiming that these jerseys are any type of game used jerseys. They are not retail authentic jerseys and they are not replicas which is why they were listed as team issued because those jerseys are team issued jerseys I did not say that they were game issued. I think that I listed them in an honest way. I did not say in any part of that listing that the jerseys were in any way shape or form game used by either of those players.

Scott I know that you are upset about me outbidding you on a jersey in the last Hunt auction but this is low. If there is a problem with my listing I think that after knowing you for over 3 years that maybe I deserved the benefit of the doubt and you could have contacted me via email, or phone (of which you have both) to express you concerns and allow me to explain why I listed the jerseys the way I did.
    You have to be kidding!

An honest "way" would clearly note in your Ebay description that you stripped a legit common name jersey and then had it relettered and numbered it to reflect 16, GOODEN.

How is your fake Gooden "team issued"? This was never ordered by the Mets or intended to be "issued" to anyone except the orignal player that you stripped off.

Clearly, you can't believe your actions are above board?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

if your not decieving anybody why dont you say it was a common shirt u had put anothers name on it? (gooden).. and the edguardo shirt? whats up with that? fraud

You are way off base with you thinking I am upset over the fact that you won a jersey which I did not even realize you were the winner.

The fact is you altered 2 jerseys one was a gamer of a lesser player that you striped and turned into the Gooden.Imo that should be in your description if there is any kind of alternations to the jersey.This is not the 1st time you have done this. The Alfonzo was a blank that you had all the customizing done by Stitches and the 9-11 and flag patch was added.

I was almost duped into buying a jersey for $1800 about a year ago that was nothing more than a team issued.So yes if you take offense to me making public what was done to the jerseys which you failed to mention in your description you can be upset.

Mr.3000

I hate not having the ability to edit my thread for a simple error.

Thank you SCOTT for pointing these auctions out to the rest of us. I called you Greg in my first post, mistaking your user ID for someone else. My apologies.

Metsfan808 - Not that there is any need to drive the point of this thread home any more than it already has...but your auction descriptions are clearly lacking the fact that you had these jerseys altered. Your intent is clear and it's quite disturbing.

I agree. Be honest and list the jerseys as team issued but altered. No where do you say the jerseys have been altered, and that is deceiving.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]