Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Randy Johnson D-Backs Jersey - Letters Upside Down

What's up with the Randy Johnson jerseys having upside down letters. It looks like the "S" on this D-backs jersey is upside down:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DiamondBacks-RAN...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: Randy Johnson D-Backs Jersey - Letters Upside Down

Probably because it looks almost exactly the same rightside up as upside down. I copied the image and then rotated the 'S' 180 degrees, then pasted it beside the original. Whoever put the name on the jersey probably didn't notice that the S is slightly different upside down than rightside up...

Name:  100_2802.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  51.5 KB

Re: Randy Johnson D-Backs Jersey - Letters Upside Down

I just finished watching the Rockies and Brewers on TV and while watching Chris Smith (Ironically - that is my name) pitch in relief for the Brew Crew, I was appalled by whoever did his jersey.

The Brewers names are done with the letters 'weighted' or 'shadowed' on one side... well, whoever stiched his jersey paid no attention as the 'S' and the 'I' were upside down with their 'shadows' going to the left and the 'M' 'T' and 'H' were all shadowed to the right.

Just goes to prove that it is hard to find good help - even at the pro level.

Apparently he was just recalled from Triple-A Nashville Thursday to replace Mark DiFelice, who is on the bereavement list, so I'm sure they just made the jersey for him... unfortunately no pics on Getty or AP yet...

- Chris