Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300!!!!

300!!!!

Congrats to the Big Unit!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: 300!!!!

I got into the Nationals clubhouse and took these pictures:

Name:  IMG_4409.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4410.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  43.7 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Cool. When were the photos actually taken?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Why is there a MLB Team in Washington again, from what i watched they might have had 1000 people in the stands viewing History. Maybe they should move the team back to Montreal.

LB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larry bourget View Post
    Why is there a MLB Team in Washington again, from what i watched they might have had 1000 people in the stands viewing History. Maybe they should move the team back to Montreal.

LB
    You can have our opinion, that's ok but had you seen the 25-30k crowd that showed up last night, the original RJ start date, you might have a different view. The game was not postponed until 10:45-11:00pm. I was there for 5 hours. Then, to schedule the makeup for the next day @ 4:30pm was brutal. Considering the torrential rains in the DC area all day today and the short notice, the crowd size didn't surprise me.

Congrats to the Big Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Cool. When were the photos actually taken?
    That was last night after the game was cancelled. I think that was about 11:15PM. I am a horrible photographer.

I couldn't go back today as my youngest son had a scheduled surgery for tonsils/adnoids so I had to watch it on the TV.

And for Larry's info, I stayed last night until the game was called and if the weather was good it would have been close to a sellout.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

RJ pitched well, but the win should go to the home plate ump.

That 3-2 call at the ankles against Dunn was clearly and obviously called for Johnson's benefit to keep the victory. I have seen some horrible umpiring lately but this one takes the cake! Dunn was 5 steps towards first when he got rung up! TERRIBLE UMPIRING! I AM FURIOUS!

Last week I called into Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy on XM Radio and told them how Randy St. Claire should be fired. The next day, BOOM! St. Claire is gone.

Wait 'til I get on the air tomorrow. I'm going to go ballistic on these umpires. I know the Nats suck, but the umps make us look like we really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    RJ pitched well, but the win should go to the home plate ump.

That 3-2 call at the ankles against Dunn was clearly and obviously called for Johnson's benefit to keep the victory. I have seen some horrible umpiring lately but this one takes the cake! Dunn was 5 steps towards first when he got rung up! TERRIBLE UMPIRING! I AM FURIOUS!

Last week I called into Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy on XM Radio and told them how Randy St. Claire should be fired. The next day, BOOM! St. Claire is gone.

Wait 'til I get on the air tomorrow. I'm going to go ballistic on these umpires. I know the Nats suck, but the umps make us look like we really suck.
    Jim - I agree. Rob Dibble on the air called it the same way you did. It also costs Jordan Zimmermann a Loss.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Jim - I agree. Rob Dibble on the air called it the same way you did. It also costs Jordan Zimmermann a Loss.
    Andrew - you have no idea how pissed I was! If the pitch was inside, it would have hit him in the ankles. That's how low it was. The ump should be fired.

If I was Hanrahan, I would have thrown a high fastball when I came in and would have told Nieves not to catch it....peg that ump right in the mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post

If I was Hanrahan, I would have thrown a high fastball when I came in and would have told Nieves not to catch it....peg that ump right in the mouth!
    Wouldn't that be an eye for an eye and a K for a tooth?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500