I am often accused of over simplifying but I believe the issue lies in a "grading system" and that is where the conversation should focus (i think this has been touched on by others in previous threads). I am not totally against a grading system (and not enamored with one either) but only AFTER an an item has been determined to be 100% genuine/authentic and game worn/used. Because, as we all know, either a piece is genuine/authentic and game worn/used or it isn't. That is a pretty simple deduction. I know authenticators would generate a little less profit on this premis and have to turn away a few more items but... Than after it has been determined to be 100% game used I suppose a grading system could be employed - basically for desirability reasons. The problem with these grading systems as they currently exist is they give authenticators an out for writing paper work for bad items or items they aren't 100% sure about yet they can still collect authentication fees and the items can still be marketed as game worn/used.

Matthew