Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Re: Life's ugliest baseball uniforms

They show almost every other powder blue uni execpt for the ugliest one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone else think most uniforms the Padres have worn should be on this list? Their "gold" road unis have to be the current "ugliest" uniform.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    SCOTT

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't know why "colorful" always means "ugly".

Stupid article.

It's been done before, and much better at that.

This is an obviously biased piece, and the author seems to have something against powder blue road jerseys.

They seriously need to broaden their horizons (e.g. expand their years beyond 1974-1984) and include the truly ugly uniforms... I would start with 1999 turn ahead the clock jerseys and work from there!

Again, a waste of time.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Stupid article.

It's been done before, and much better at that.

This is an obviously biased piece, and the author seems to have something against powder blue road jerseys.

They seriously need to broaden their horizons (e.g. expand their years beyond 1974-1984) and include the truly ugly uniforms... I would start with 1999 turn ahead the clock jerseys and work from there!

Again, a waste of time.
    Ditto. This thing sucks. You could easily replace the majority if not all of writerboy's picks with unis worn over the past 10 years alone. The A's vests are worse than the sleeveless shirts the Rockies currently wear? Geez. (Sorry, Rox fans.) Just a poorly executed and irritatingly bad piece.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I actually like powder blue road jerseys. Probably because that is what most teams wore in my early youth.

I think the Royals powder blue alternate looks sharp.
    SCOTT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    I actually like powder blue road jerseys. Probably because that is what most teams wore in my early youth.

I think the Royals powder blue alternate looks sharp.
    I too have a fondness for powder blue, as I grew up during that era. I also find them a lot more interesting than gray.

Powder blue 80s jerseys make up a small part of my game used and authentic jersey collection... I have 2 Royals jerseys (both player worn), 2 Expos jerseys (1 player worn and 1 authentic), 2 Phillies (1 zip authentic and 1 button down player worn), 1 Blue Jays (authentic), 1 Braves (replica), 1 Rangers (player issued), 2 Mariners (1 player worn and 1 authentic), 1 Cardinals (authentic), 1 Twins (authentic). I had a Brewers authentic but have since sold it. Only 1 I believe I am missing that was never part of the collection is a Cubs jersey, which I wouldn't mind adding.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I can't say much about the original Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniforms, and I'm partially color blind.

I'm a University of Wisconsin alum and school supporter. I wanted to get a UW baseball cap but found they changed the colors to a fireengine red. Had to get a Milwaukee Brewers cap instead, because I didn't want that fireengine red on my head.

I say the Twins "powder green" were the ugliest. I wish I could post a photo or even recall the year, but trust me, they were soooooo bad!

Sylbry, can you help me out here with a photo?