Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

george hendrick padres jersey

let's see if i am missing something here. collect.com has a 1978 george hendrick game used jersey in their current auction lot # 267. this is sports collects digest new auction site and this is their first auction. i like to collect cleveland indians and former cleveland indians which is why i am interested in it.

http://www.collect-auctions.com/LotD...aspx?lotid=281

i know nothing about san diego padres jerseys but i did some quick research on ebay. george hendrick played for the padres in 1977 and some of 1978 before traded to the cardinals. it looks like the padres had a different uniform font in 1977 based on topps 1978 trading cards. i looked at the 1978 san diego padres fun center cards which i assume are from 1978 and there is a patch on the left hand sleeve, auction uniform is missing this. also the front of the jersey says 'san diego' above the padres, auction uniform is missing this. i can see names on the back of the jersey, auction uniform is missing this and has no possible room for it.

i requested a photo of the tag and sent an email with the above information and have not received a reply yet.

just curious am i missing something or have my years messed up? any more info would be great. it is possible this was sent down to the minors?

thank you
    john

Banned

Re: george hendrick padres jersey

This jersey is a travesty. It has, to sum up many of the flaws, the following problems:

1) No small brown SAN DIEGO above the "pa" in "padres".
    2) No tail strip tag (should read "25 78" in brown thread on a white strip tag).
    3) No 1978 All-Star Game patch on left sleeve, and no mention of patch imprint in description.
    4) Number on back is far too high to accommodate a NOB, which should be present (or, again, an imprint of one that was removed).

This one's a no-brainer....junk, junk, junk!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Just received an e-mail minutes ago from Steve Bloedow of the auction site. The consignor is being contacted and the jersey is being pulled. (I had pointed out the jersey and its flaws to them yesterday). Props to collect.com for doing the right thing.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

dave can you email me please when you get a chance

thank you
    john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Just received an e-mail minutes ago from Steve Bloedow of the auction site. The consignor is being contacted and the jersey is being pulled. (I had pointed out the jersey and its flaws to them yesterday). Props to collect.com for doing the right thing.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    So that's where Bloedow went. Odd that STAT isn't one of their official partners.

From Auguat 1978.
    Mike jackitout7@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

One more, the jersey is actually white.

great, ANOTHER auction house that has no idea on what they are offering!

The auction house really needs to do some homework before listing some of thier items. This jersey isn't even a 1978 year style. It's a 1979 stlyle but the Wilson tagging should be in the front tail of the jersey and not the collar. It also doesn't have a name plate. San Diego did send down most of their jerseys to the minor league clubs so that could be the reason there is no name plate or strip tag. Would they have changed the Wilson tagging from the tail to the collar for the minor leagues? Who knows, but since Hendrick was with the Cardinals in 1979 I think it's pretty safe to say was not used by him. Here are pics of my 1979 Dave Winfield game used jersey.

Dave M.

Awesome Pads jersey of Winfield.

Special note here of how nice it is to have Dave Miedema's imput. I've known him since the 80's and he is very knowledgeable and provides a fantastic plus to our hobby......

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com