OT: Who wore (wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cordovacollector
    • Mar 2009

Re: OT: Who wore 9wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

What size did David Wells wear when he shaved his head and looked like "Butter Bean?"

Comment

• stkmtimo
      • Nov 2005

I have a Chris Young rookie gamer from when he was with the Rangers and it's a size 52. Surprised it isn't a bit bigger!

Tim

Comment

• mr.miracle
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mr.3000
        I have no idea who Young is, but I recall Pickering when he played for Balt.

Those are the jereys I would need to find then I had the idea of buying an actual game used jersey, preferably of a scrub, and wear it my self. Problem is.....I'm 6'0 265. A big 'un. For authentics, I wear a 60. So unless a gamer is cut big...I would need to find a 60....maybe a 58.Big maybe lol

The heaviest player in MLB history is Walter Young. He played for the Baltimore Orioles in 2005 and I recently saw him this year playing with the Sussex Skyhawks (Northern New Jersey) of the Can-Am League. I think he was listed as 6' 5" 322 lbs. when he made his major league debut. He played in 14 games that season, but I have no idea what his jersey size was. I did buy this season a Louisville Slugger cracked bat at the Orioles Team Store of Walter Young and it was 36 inches long. It probably was laying around from his time with the team in 2005.

This guy makes Ryan Howard look tiny.
        Chris78View Public ProfileSend a private message to Chris78Find all posts by Chris78
        07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
        orioles03 vbmenu_register("postmenu_92367", true);

Re: MLB's biggest jersey ever??
        walter younng wore a 58 when he was with the 's i remember because we were wearing special jerseys for a series and i held his jersey up to brian roberts and brians looked like a childs jersey.his pants from the floor to ground went up to my forehead he liked is pants baggy .im not short but tose pants were huge do know size but two players could probally fit inside

Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• 33bird
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Re: OT: Who wore (wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

What about Boog with the Indians? Jumbo Brown? What was that guy on the Braves that Letterman used to make fun of? Terry Forster or something. Those are some big dudes!

Comment

• BamaHater
            • Jan 2009

My Carlos Lee Astros Gamer is a size 52.

Comment

• harleighb
              • Jun 2007

I've got a 2006 Prince Fielder BP jersey that is a size 54. However, the big daddy of all jerseys I've purchased is Fielder's Cerveceros Jersey from last year's game -- Size 60!

Comment

• kylehess10
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by harleighb
                I've got a 2006 Prince Fielder BP jersey that is a size 54. However, the big daddy of all jerseys I've purchased is Fielder's Cerveceros Jersey from last year's game -- Size 60!

60?!? There ya go! I think that's the biggest then. I always believed that my Bob Wickman jersey was the biggest ever in the bigs (along with Livan Hernanadez that also wears a 58), but I've never heard of a size 60.
                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• Mr.3000

I'd definately fit inot that bad boy! I do wear my Authentic jerseys a little big...I hate "snug" clothing. So I bet I could fit a 58...but why try? lol

Just curious....what kind of value are we talking on that Fielder Cerveceros? Probably way more than I am looking for in a jersey to wear....plus I respect Fielder game used far too much to wear around. That deserves to be displayed and enjoyed.

What about Rusty Staub at his biggest? I love that guy, one of my favorite players. He couldn't be too expensive and I would proudly wear one of his gamers.

Comment

• harleighb
                    • Jun 2007

I picked up the Prince Fielder jersey in Grey Flannel's last auction. You can check out pics of it on GF's site. Lot number 707. It cost me approximately $450 with auction premium, shipping, etc.

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                      • Dec 2008

What size does Bobby Jenks of the White Sox wear? Or Adam Dunn?

Those guys aren't exactly Jenny Craig'ers?

Comment

• Mr.3000

I picked up the Prince Fielder jersey in Grey Flannel's last auction. You can check out pics of it on GF's site. Lot number 707. It cost me approximately $450 with auction premium, shipping, etc.
                        Not a bad price at all. I don't don't if I could sport a $450 jersey without worrying if I got a stain on it lol $150 gamer? No worries.

Comment

• Neely8
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
                          What size does Bobby Jenks of the White Sox wear? Or Adam Dunn?

Those guys aren't exactly Jenny Craig'ers?
                          I have an Adam Dunn Reds alternate from 2003 with the Inuagural GABP patch which is a 52.

Comment

• MarinersFan34
                            • Jan 2009

Don't know the size, but I'm sure Jonathan Broxton of the Dodgers is up there 56-58? Since he's 6-4 290.
                            Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• pjbmd
                              • Nov 2005

I've got a David Wells 2002 pinstripe jersey:
                              56 + 4
                              Other Boomer jerseys i've had were either 52 or 56 all with added length
                              pjb

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MarinersFan34
                                Don't know the size, but I'm sure Jonathan Broxton of the Dodgers is up there 56-58? Since he's 6-4 290.

Broxton wears a 54.

Comment

Working...