Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vintage auctions - Drexler game-used jersey opinions?

Oh I see Chris Dudley in the picture he didnt play with the Kinicks until 97-98 season

Jojo

SportsCentury, thanks for your clarification on my Getty Images/statements Sorry, I certainly don't want to confuse or misrepresent anything! I've "been away" from jersey collecting since the mid-90s and getting back into it lately. Things are definitely different nowadays!

Thanks again..sorry if I misrepresented!

Back on topic - so do you guys think i got the right deal or definitely fake, if so how can i request a refund.

Thanks

I don't know if this helps,but Drexler wore size 44 + 4 when he played for the Trailblazers.I was told that the +3 Trailblazers jerseys were pro cut.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    SportsCentury, thanks for your clarification on my Getty Images/statements Sorry, I certainly don't want to confuse or misrepresent anything! I've "been away" from jersey collecting since the mid-90s and getting back into it lately. Things are definitely different nowadays!

Thanks again..sorry if I misrepresented!
    Nickacs, no worries. Thanks for your posts.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by drexler22 View Post
    Back on topic - so do you guys think i got the right deal or definitely fake, if so how can i request a refund.

Thanks
    Drexler, I think I made my opinion on the topic clear. I would not add the jersey to my collection if it were free. Also, since you are new here, I should let you know that a lot of threads go way more off-topic than this one did. It's just part of the GUU free-association culture. My recommendation is to leave it be (not that threads don't need to be redirected at times), as a lot of unexpected, important information has come to light via this style. For example, I would imagine Fred's information about Drexler's sizing during his Blazers' days would be of good use to you as a Drexler collector.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Did you try looking at Drexler trading cards? there are Drexler jersey that showed have a strip that is not in between the 22 so it is possible it could still be good

Jojo

Quote Originally Posted by Texans View Post
    Did you try looking at Drexler trading cards? there are Drexler jersey that showed have a strip that is not in between the 22 so it is possible it could still be good

Jojo
    No, we can't definitively rule it out. Given the questions about the sizing (and apparent lack of evidence suggesting game use), I would lean toward "not good," but Jojo is right that it's possible that it is good. And I agree with him that since you've already purchased it, you may as well keep searching.

Drexler, I found the auction I had mentioned to you earlier. You can easily style-match these on Getty (I know, because I considered buying them myself), and MeiGray may be able to photomatch them for you:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Im just wondering was it easy to get 96-97 Jersey? I always like the gold NBA logo. I know there were a lot of procut and game issued from previous Champion jersey sold as game used.

Jojo