Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ebay seller feedback

For every 10 things I sell on ebay, I'm only getting feedback for 3 or 4 at most, even though I leave positive feedback for the buyers. Anyone else seeing this too?

Re: ebay seller feedback

yes happens to me all the time. Nothing you can do and I always leave feedback for them expecting it in return but never happens.

Hey Skip,

This is not the answer you will want to hear, but my intentions are sterling: don't let it get you down. In 10 years plus of eBaying, I have had everything happen to me from great to awful, and I came to the conclusion some time ago that people are what they are. Some are basically done with you as long as they sent the payment/got the item/got your payment/sent the item. Some leave it 1-2 months later, some never.

Personally, it annoys me when someone asks me for feedback, as I always do leave it, and some folks seem anxious that I leave it one or two days after the auction ends. Ah, but that was the old days.

I found now that I want to get what I pay for, and send what the buyer paid for, and everything else just ain't worth getting stirred up about. I don't even keep track of who adds to my total anymore, as long as it grows.

For a while now, I only leave fedback after the buyer leaves feedback. Seems to work as it seems like I get 7 or 8 out of 10 leaving feedback. I think some buyers see that they received the feedback, sometimes before they get the item, and they forget or don't care about leaving feedback in return.

Banned

I nearly always leave feedback, but usually let incoming winnings accumulate for 3-4days and then knock 'em all out at once.

One silly feedback story: I have bought baseball cards (60s and 70s) from a good guy who has been knon as a major dealer for almost 30 years. Not once, but TWICE, I have gotten a reminder to leave feedback before the item I won even shows up in my mailbox! Calm down, OK?

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Remember back when eBayers could leave feedback, even if no transaction had taken place. People were exchanging feedback to get their numbers up.

I've noticed that too, Bulbus. The positives seem to roll in faster when I don't do anything.

I hear you, eisenreich8. I just find it a little annoying. It's part of what ebay is these days I guess.

Deadbeat buyers is another problem that's gotten worse. Prior to all the changes to the feedback system I might've had one person that didn't pay in eight years, if that. I've had four in the past two months, and three were buyers with a decent transaction history. The sad thing is I really don't sell that much stuff. Ebay's unpaid item strike policy against buyers is a joke. It's like their version of double-secret probation. A GUU friend and I were talking about this recently and he's seen the same thing.

I've tried waiting to leave feedback until I've received it.
    I've tried leaving it as soon as payment was received.
    It doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
    What frustrates me to no end is the stupid star system. I'm getting killed on shipping "stars" even though the flat shipping rate is there for you to see before you place your bid! I simply don't see the point of bidding on something and stealth bitching about the shipping cost through the star system. It makes no sense to me. (Well, actually it does. Ebay has fetishized low or free shipping--they want to make sure they touch every penny you get all three times--and people have come to expect sellers to give it away.)

I too have noticed that out of every 10 sales I make, I receive about 3 or 4 feedbacks. It is frustrating, because I leave a feedback for every single item I receive without exception. This system only will work in the way it was designed if the users do their part... but I guess that's too much to ask for.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I always leave feedback. But I'm old school, been on eBay since 1998. I still believe that the seller should leave me feedback first, as they had my money a good while before I had my item. Those were the old days. Now most sellers seem to have the 'tit for tat' mentality and won't leave their buyer feedback until the buyer leaves feedback for them. I find that annoying. But like I said, I am old school.