Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Where oh where is the Nick Markakis game used???

I have watched and waited for three seasons and have seen countless major auctions, ebay, etc come and go and still very little or no Markakis game used. I see collectors post on here on the time looking for Markakis stuff. Where the heck does his game used bats, jersey's etc. go. The only time I ever really see anything is if it is a special mandated MLB auction similar to what the Orioles and MLB ran for the Mothers Day Pink bats or the 25th Anniversary Orioles World Series team from last July.

Does anybody have any clue what he does with his stuff and or why it is nearly impossible to find? As a Ripken collector, I wonder if he is like Cal and just does not let his game used stuff out on the market.

Thanks,
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Re: Where oh where is the Nick Markakis game used???

Member orioles03 just listed 3 bats for sale in another thread. Hoarder exposed??

shhhhh... they do exist
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    shhhhh... they do exist
    dammit Bert, so now they start coming out of the woodwork lol.
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Where are the jerseys????

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    dammit Bert, so now they start coming out of the woodwork lol.
    I was talking to John at Great Moments up in Ellicott City and he was saying rumor was Markakis was working on a memorabilia deal so I think the items may be hoarded by Markakis.

Unless you are Barry Bonds or Cal Ripken (later years), bats seem to get out of the clubhouse so some Markakis items will certainly show up.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I was talking to John at Great Moments up in Ellicott City and he was saying rumor was Markakis was working on a memorabilia deal so I think the items may be hoarded by Markakis.

Unless you are Barry Bonds or Cal Ripken (later years), bats seem to get out of the clubhouse so some Markakis items will certainly show up.

Thanks for the updates Andrew, that might make sense as I have seen a couple of bats here and there although that is rare but Jersey's like Beantown said are nonexistent.

This will be interesting, maybe Markakis was talking to Ripken and had himself built a bat and jersey vault down in the basement at the Markakis estate.
    Brett Herman

I saw a black Markakis jersey at an Orioles in-game auction last season. IIRC, it went for around $1K (far more than I had to spend).
    Then there's the #61 pre-rookie home jersey I foolishly whiffed on at Fan Fest '06!

A forum member told me he gives a lot of his broken bats to a boys and girls clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post
    A forum member told me he gives a lot of his broken bats to a boys and girls clubs.

A couple guys I *try to* collect have a similar deal where pretty much everything goes to silent auctions for charities.

If you can get to local charity auctions thats a nice place to find things, though prices may get a little crazy depending on the attendees of the event.