Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Coach's Corner?

Coach's Corner?

So, I've read tons of posts on here complaining about how much crap CC/STAT sells, but my question is about the stuff that is certified by a real 3rd party.

Is the stuff that they're auctioning off that's certified by PSA/DNA, JSA, STEINER, GAI, etc all legit or are there people accusing them of faking those certificates? Just curious because they do have a TON of stuff that is mostly junk, but there are some decent things sprinkled in that are certified by a legit 3rd party and I'm just wondering if I should be skeptical about those as well?

Thanks and I'd really appreciate hearing any comments that you have!

-Brian

Re: Coach's Corner?

While the majority of the signed stuff they have is bogus, they do mix some legit items here and there...If the item comes with a PSA/DNA, Steiner cert, you can feel comfortable the item is as advertised (I've actually won 2-3 items from them over the years).

I would assume the PSA, Steiner etc stuff is okay. I'd be a bit wary of GAI though.

In general, UDA, Steiner, Tri Star, GTSM, MLB and, several others that don't come to mind as I type, are for in person autographs-- so are very reliable. Also, anything with the player's personal hologram is also from an in person signing and is reliable. PSA/DNA and JSA LOAs are usually for after the fact judgments, which obviously is all that can be done for a Babe Ruth or Bronco Nagurski autograph.

Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it. I pretty much figured that anything with a well known LOA was legit, but I just wanted to double-check because of all the bad things that I've read about (and seen) on CC's auctions.

Anybody else have any opinions/experiences with legit stuff on CC?

Thanks again!

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan0521 View Post
    I pretty much figured that anything with a well known LOA was legit
    This is an extremely dangerous assumption. There are tons of bad items out there that come with "well known LOA[s]." Best to question every item and research it until you feel confident that it is good, regardless of the LOA.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: Coach's Corner? aka Shillers

That place is something else! They even say you can bid on an item you consigned.