Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is there a $500 limit on the forum

I know that there's a $500 limit when listing an item on GUU, and I was wondering why this is? I'm not sure if that is due to some sort of law, but it seems like it inhibits the quality of items so to speak. I was just curious, because I personally like to see higher end items, even if I can't always afford them. I can't really think of a downside to removing the limit, but maybe there's something I;m not thinking of. Again, if this is due to some sort of outside law or rule, then my apologies. thank you, Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Re: Why is there a $500 limit on the forum

The limit was installed to move the higher end items to the GUU store/auctions and out of the for sale section. The bottom line seemed to be a mixture of quality control, liability as well as economic considerations for the auction/store. I agree it would be nice to have higher end items in the classified section but respect the reasoning behind the decision for the limit. If you search the forum you can find some of the old threads on the topic.

I think the forum is trying to protect itself from bad sellers that try to rip people off. I believe that they dont want to be blamed for this even though I don't feel that they are responsible for a sellers actions. With the $500 limit, it minimizes the damage if something like this were to happen. Not sure if that is correct, but thats just kinda what I figured. Would love to hear the correct reason if I am wrong though.

Its a comparable figure to the cost of airfare, hotel and meals when you have to fly somewhere and beat a seller senseless after you find out that what he sold you was fake.

Oh, and its got to do with the GUU auction thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Its a comparable figure to the cost of airfare, hotel and meals when you have to fly somewhere and beat a seller senseless after you find out that what he sold you was fake.
    Lol, I think this clearly makes the most sense, and I like this reason this best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameusedfan1 View Post
    Lol, I think this clearly makes the most sense, and I like this reason this best.
    ok then, let's go with that one....its my favorite too!

Ok, that makes sense, but the problem is that there must be some sort of deterrent with the GUU store, because although I don't have any physical proof, I know that there would be more items above the limit bought and sold if the limit were removed. As far as the liability, I'm sure it already is stated in the user agreement that GUU isn't liable for any damages that one may incur. It seems like it would add a lot to the hobby if the limit were removed. The other problem with the store is that aren't the auctions and stuff only art certain times of the year? So what about the other months that nothing's running. What if the limit was moved to like 2K, then you could have higher end items such as fielding gloves, which I've been trying to acquire, but my search has been limited because they are higher end and often would exceed the limit in value. Can one of the administrators chime in on this and could it be considered that the limit be raised to 2K (just a ballpark figure). It could also be posted, if it's not already, that GUU bears no responsibility, and that could cover the forum from problems that may arise. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

Spartakid, here is the link to the thread where this was discussed at length last fall when the move was made. It should offer some context.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ssified+limits

Mr.3000

Is there a link to a thread where it's discussed that members are permitted to have multiple active accounts/ID's?

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Spartakid, here is the link to the thread where this was discussed at length last fall when the move was made. It should offer some context.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ssified+limits
    Ok, I think that clarifies my questions. I suppose we do all have option to do higher end deals off the forum as was stated in the thread you referenced. thanks, Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya