Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Total Amateur needs help

Hey all- I am running a silent charity auction on Sat. June 13 (www.timharmon5k.org) . Received a donation of a framed double matted autographed photo of Clinton Portis of the Redskins. It also has a patch of game worn jersey and ball. It has a placque with the game date (Nov. 5, 2006) a victory against the Cowboys and says limited edition 82/300.

The photo has the following logos in the lower left hand corner:NFL, NFLPlayers, PhotoFile. In the right lower corner is a NFL logo hologram with the # 00182816088 printed on it.

On the back is a small sticker that says "Guaranteed Authentic by www.GameExclusives.com" Own a piece of the game

So is this real and if so how should I value it? Thanks for any assistance. I appreciate it!

Re: Total Amateur needs help

Welcome to the site. Gameusedexclusives had a relationship with the Redskins making this item likely authentic. I believe they changed names and are now Josportsco.com but am not 100% sure of the story there.

Either way JO Sports is now selling several items similar to the Portis item you describe including a portis limited edition 16x20 for $369 (1 of 100) http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...?ProductID=286.

The Portis you describe is more similar to some of the other items they have including a LaRon Landry 8x10 version that is a limited edition of 100 for $169.00.
    http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...?ProductID=458

That being said, I would think that the "value" of the item depends on the purpose. On ebay, it would probably go for around $100 but new, it probably cost about $250+. Hope this helps.

Teriffic. Thanks so much for the info!

and while I'm at it what about a 1988 Super Bowl Redskins Wheaties unopened box? I also have a 1973 Redskins Official Yearbook. I think this is the first one the team ever did.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by notanatural View Post
    and while I'm at it what about a 1988 Super Bowl Redskins Wheaties unopened box? I also have a 1973 Redskins Official Yearbook. I think this is the first one the team ever did.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
    someone on ebay has them listed as 40 and 50 dollars. good luck on your charity work.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Thanks. I am in Redskins territory just outside DC so I'll go high. Even though they stink they are still popular!