Banned

Re: Scub Bag! fair or not?

Follow Shakespeare's advice:

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Follow Shakespeare's advice:

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Sammy, that's a great quote, immediately above the quote from John!

Just kiddin' you, buddy.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I agree that the guy (“It’s a fishing hat”) has issues. I'm surprised he didn't sue for a free mammogram.

However, as someone who took Shakespeare in college, the Shakespeare quote is commonly misunderstood. It was an nefarious character in Henry VI who said the famous "kill the lawyers" quote. He was wanted anarchy and chaos and believed getting rid of the 'guardians of law' was the best way to achieve it.

Another story concerning Shakespeare and the law is why his house no longer exists. Years time after he died, the government instituted a window tax. Houses were to be taxed by the windows, as rich people tended to have more and bigger and windows. Not wanting to pay the tax, the owner of Shakespeare's old home burned it to the ground.

I should add that when I first saw the thread title, I thought it referred to a new type of baseball equipment that gave a player an unfair advantage. I clicked on the link see what was a scub bag.