When Steve (Suicide Squeeze) did that thread about 15 minutes of fame, I was in the middle of auditioning for a new baseball themed movie starring Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Domenick Lombardozzi and Owen Wilson to be shot in several locations and many in and around Nationals Park.

The Director James L. Brooks made Owen Wilson a relief pitcher for the Washington Nationals!!!

I had to get a part in the movie and was hoping to be the 60 year old bullpen coach or be one of the 25 year old relief pitchers. The pickings were slim for "on film" spots so I had to settle for a spot as an "extra" and be one of the more recognizable of the 500 extras.

My break came when I was one of the 2 extras to hold one of the big red hulk hands that hold a beverage and placed in camera view. I don't want to give away the secret of the script but lets just say waking up at 3:30AM yesterday to get on the set at 5AM and work to 7:30PM to shoot 4 total scenes that may total 2 to 5 minutes in the film was a lot of fun plus I got paid $7.15 per hour minus and hour for lunch!!!!

After the release of the film, I will post more photos that I can't post prior to the release.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/...e-Picture.html

Name:  IMG_4589.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4588.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  188.2 KB