Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT - Career change to Movie Star (LOL)

When Steve (Suicide Squeeze) did that thread about 15 minutes of fame, I was in the middle of auditioning for a new baseball themed movie starring Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Domenick Lombardozzi and Owen Wilson to be shot in several locations and many in and around Nationals Park.

The Director James L. Brooks made Owen Wilson a relief pitcher for the Washington Nationals!!!

I had to get a part in the movie and was hoping to be the 60 year old bullpen coach or be one of the 25 year old relief pitchers. The pickings were slim for "on film" spots so I had to settle for a spot as an "extra" and be one of the more recognizable of the 500 extras.

My break came when I was one of the 2 extras to hold one of the big red hulk hands that hold a beverage and placed in camera view. I don't want to give away the secret of the script but lets just say waking up at 3:30AM yesterday to get on the set at 5AM and work to 7:30PM to shoot 4 total scenes that may total 2 to 5 minutes in the film was a lot of fun plus I got paid $7.15 per hour minus and hour for lunch!!!!

After the release of the film, I will post more photos that I can't post prior to the release.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/sports/...e-Picture.html

Name:  IMG_4589.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4588.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  188.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: OT - Career change to Movie Star (LOL)

how cool is that!!! when is the scheduled release of the movie??
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Andrew,

Didn't you do adult films under the name Buck Naked?

-Jim

Andrew -

Very cool!

When I was at Spring Training this year, I just missed getting Owen Wilson's autograph - he was in Surprise working out with the Rangers and people there had already said that he was working out with Pro Teams to get ready for a part as a Baseball Player in an upcoming movie...

All the best -

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Andrew -

Very cool!

When I was at Spring Training this year, I just missed getting Owen Wilson's autograph - he was in Surprise working out with the Rangers and people there had already said that he was working out with Pro Teams to get ready for a part as a Baseball Player in an upcoming movie...

All the best -

Chris
    Chris - He did hang out with the Rangers in Spring Training and then with the Washington Nationals in the bullpen.

They had racks for actual Majestic made Washington Nationals gear. I need Larry Pellicioni working on getting me movie worn jerseys especially #33 Reynolds!!!!

Andrew,

Didn't you do adult films under the name Buck Naked?

-Jim
    Yes, that was me!!!

how cool is that!!! when is the scheduled release of the movie??
    Supposed to be October I guess to be around the playoffs/World Series!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

More pictures of Owen Wilson as #33 Reynolds

Name:  4984_121889368312_627133312_2674949_605982_n.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  4984_121889443312_627133312_2674963_7907062_n.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  70.4 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

The more I look at how skinny Wilson is, the more I realize there's no way in hell that I'd fit into that jersey!

That's cool.

I was an extra in "A League of Their Own". A large part of the movie was filmed in a stadium in Huntingburg, Indiana. I was living in Evansville, IN at the time and was picked to be an extra. I drove up there every morning for a week. I had be up there every morning at the crack of dawn to get into costume for a scene that we didn't film for hours later. It's all about hurry up and wait in the movie business. I ended up being in a couple of crowd scened in the movie. I was called back to be in some still shot scenes but I decided it wasn't worth it (now I wish I would have done it) and turned them down. I would have most likely had some close-up scenes in the movie if I had done those scenes. I do remember the catering on the set was unreal. I did get to meet and talk to Tom Hanks off set for a minute and he was pretty nice. He was pretty cool as between takes he would joke around with the crowd.

The best experience was that I got to spend some "quality time" several evenings after shooting with Freddie Simpson. She was one of the actresses playing on Hanks' team. She is the blonde in the backrow pictured 3rd from the right. She was pretty cool girl but never accomplished anything in Hollywood. I know she was in a couple of beer commercials back around that time. Wow, those were the days. What I would give to be young again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rose14 ~

Now that is sweet! My favorite movie of all time. I had the pleasure of being at Harmon Killebrew's 65th birthday party and if that wasn't a dream in itself, I got to meet Pepper Paire Davis and Lefty Hohlmeyer. Part of the entertainment was when they sang the theme song for, "The All American Girls," - which Pepper had written for the AAGPBBL and they featured in the movie.

Were you able to take any photos while they were filming, etc. You need to capture a still from the movie and show us where you are in the crowd!

What a cool thread.

Andrew, I'd kill to be in a baseball movie.

To think back to all of them that have been made, how amazing would it have been to have had a part in Bull Durham, or The Natural, or A League of Their Own?

You are lucky to have had (made) the time to be involved in the filming, no matter how small of a part. That is way cool!! Can't wait to see the movie.