Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pietraynor
    • Nov 2005

Re: Grey Flannel Auction!!!!

Joel, what was the first season/year Pedro wore customized sleeves? Thanks in advance, Jay

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by pietraynor
      Joel, what was the first season/year Pedro wore customized sleeves? Thanks in advance, Jay
      I believe when Pedro went to the Red Sox he started playing with his sleeves. I think he started by just cutting open his right (pitching) sleeve. Then both sleeves were cut open and then both sleeves were professionally hemmed and opened. I think in 2001 he started to wear the huge sleeves, were actually an extra piece of material is added to make the sleeves larger.

Comment

• baltos
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
        I believe when Pedro went to the Red Sox he started playing with his sleeves. I think he started by just cutting open his right (pitching) sleeve. Then both sleeves were cut open and then both sleeves were professionally hemmed and opened. I think in 2001 he started to wear the huge sleeves, were actually an extra piece of material is added to make the sleeves larger.
        It appears as if Pedro is not customizing his sleeves this year.

See the pictures in the following thread:

Comment

• Oil Can Dan
          • May 2006

Originally posted by trsent
          I saw the 2003 Pedro Jersey in Grey Flannel's auction and I have to say that is a great Martinez Red Sox Jersey. The sleeves on this jersey are incredible. As you know Pedro wears custom sleeves.
          I appreciate that. I admit that I got a little nervous after nobody responded. I'm basically brand new at buying anything other than "commons", and I didn't know about this great site (or any other, for that matter), until after the auction had ended. I must have read every thread going back as far as I could and for whatever reason I just started getting nervous that maybe I'd been had or something.

In any event, thanks for the feedback. I can't wait till the jersey shows up!

Comment

Working...