Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Grey Flannel Auction!!!!

GREY FLANNEL AUCTION IS OVER!!!

Did anyone bid?

How did you do?

What kind of goodies did you get?

Re: Grey Flannel Auction!!!!

I believe it's in extended time right now. initial bids had to be put in by 9pm

Banned

Hello Eric, isnt extended time 10 minutes? it should be over now?

Here's the explanation of the 10 minute rule- basically as long as the "phone" is ringing, it could go on forever

9:00pm Rule- The auction will close for initial bidders at 9PM ET on May 10, 2006. If you have not placed a bid on an open lot prior to 9pm ET you will be ineligible to bid on said lot after 9pm. However, any unopened lot can be bid on after 9pm. If you are the only bidder on a lot after 9pm, you will instantly become the winning bidder. Grey Flannel Auctions reserves the right to extend this rule for any reason. For ongoing lots after 9pm ET the 10-minute rule will be applied, meaning the auction will not end until the phone stops ringing for 10 minutes.

Banned

Eric ok i see what you mean!!!

Banned

I had bid on a few items, but the bidding exceeded what I would be comfortable with.

There was one item that I really wanted.

This was Lot 145, a Ty Cobb autographed ball with certification from James Spence.

It was pulled from the auction on the last day. Perhaps after further review, the authenticity became questionable.

Did anyone come away with anything?

My bids got trounced. Had my eyes on the Soriano Japanese jerseys, the Haynes Globetrotters jersey, some of the Yankees Katrina jerseys, 78 Willie Randolph Yankees jersey.

Let's try something.

What do you feel was the Best Bargain in the Grey Flannel Auction?

What item do you feel was most overpriced?

Explain your answers

Eric

Banned

These are some of the items that felt were won at a great price or over priced.

Great Price:
    2002 NY Yankees Team Signed Baseball (JSA) Has Jeter Torre Mussina Rivera Wells and more on the ball
    Game-Used Batting Glove Collection (3 Pairs - 1 Single) (JSA) Sheff A. Jones Sosa Henderson - Enough said!!!
    Billy Williams Collector's Lot- Chicago Cubs Worn BP Jersey, Pants, Jacket, & Single Signed Baseball (4) (JSA) (LOA) Great Player and Great for a Cubs Fan
    Circa 1976 Dennis Eckersley Cleveland Indians Game-Used Cap (Rookie Era) Great Pitcher and Closer also HOF
    George Foster, Derek Bell, Roberto Alomar, Sandy Alomar, Frank Thomas, Fred Lynn Auto'ed, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield, Jim Rice & George Bell Game-Used Bats (10) (PSA/DNA) (JSA) - All these bat for this price Totally worth it
    1986 Wade Boggs Boston Red Sox Game-Used Road Jersey (World Series Season) Im from NY so to me its worth it
    1976 Henry Aaron Milwaukee Brewers Game-Used Road Jersey (Premier)Hank Arron Enough Said!!!
    Joe DiMaggio Autographed 16x20 (2) (JSA) Resell value $800 each at a show
    Over Priced:
    Yankees Stadium Concourse Sign (Yankees-Steiner LOA) - Its just a sign
    Circa 1994 Bo Jackson California Angels Game-Used & Autographed Outfielder's Glove (JSA) Not from the prime of his career / seems like a bit much

I didnt find too many things over priced I felt everything was within reason

Banned

Well I guess no one from here won anything from the Grey Flannel Auction?

Lot #776 - Early 1980's Bobby Jones Philadelphia 76ers Game-Used Road Jersey - $1650

Circa 1986-87 Maurice Cheeks Philadelphia 76ers Game-Used & Autographed Home Jersey (JSA) - $2835

Lot #781 - Circa 1980s Julius "Dr. J" Erving Philadelphia 76ers Game-Used & Autographed Sneakers (JSA) - $2970

I was surprised to see the newer Cheeks jersey fetch more than the older Bobby Jones jersey.

The Doc shoes are from near the end of his career and went for more than I usually see this style go for. I've seen quite a few pairs of his older shoes go in the $1500-2000 range (before adding buyer's premium).

Seems unlikely that I'll ever own any Erving "game used" items.

Greg