Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1999 All Star Game Assistance

Does anybody have video of the 1999 MLB (Fenway) All Star game? If so, please shoot me an email.

Thank you,
    Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Re: 1999 All Star Game Assistance

Saw your post, are you referencing the patch being on wrong arm of a certain jersey??
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Yes.

I have a DVD of the game. Who are you looking for?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Rob, I`m looking for V. Guerrero at Bats from the same game. Can you help me out? Shoot me an e-mail if you can please. Thanks,
    Sean tempbreak@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I have a DVD of the game. Who are you looking for?
    Rob:

All are referring to the jersey McGwire wore in the 99 AS Game...and whether or not it is the same one as in the Hunt Auction currently. There is a question about the sleeve patch and what sleeve it is on...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Rob:

Yes, as skyking referenced and noted in the thread in the Auction Items discussion, Hunt is offering a 1999 McGwire all star jersey. The offered jersey has the All Star game patch on the jersey's left sleeve. However, there are several photos of McGwire in pre-game activites showing a patch on his right sleeve (or not on the left). There is also a photo of McGwire in workout / HR Derby days (so not game day) wearing a jersey that does not have the patch on the right sleeve.

The request for the video would be to double check that McGwire didn't change jerseys during the game from the jersey shown in pre-game phtos (with the patch on the right sleeve), to one that has a patch on the left sleeve, and therefore would match what is offered in the Hunt Auction.

Here are some screen shots (sorry for the crappy quality) from the Pregame, Introductions, 2nd Inning AB and 4th Inning AB. He only had two ABs during the game. The patch is never on the left sleeve.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Rob:

No apologies for the quality, that is exteremly helpful. Thank you very much.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattmueller View Post
    Does anybody have video of the 1999 MLB (Fenway) All Star game? If so, please shoot me an email.

Thank you,
    Matt
    Glad to help. While fast forwarding thru the game to find a Vlad at bat for Sean, I found that McGwire did bat in the 5th also. Here's a photo of him on-deck before the AB.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net