Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Adjustments made to tagging in Mets jerseys? Why? Why so many?

Can one of you Mets guys fill me in on why so many Mets jerseys have tags altered by the team? I am looking for Wright, Piazza, Olerud, Ventura jerseys, just one or two of the four, and as I do my Mets research I come across countless Mets jerseys where the tag stitching has been removed or replaced in order to add set or customization tags, or either the set tags have been removed etc etc. I am confident the jerseys are legit as most have Steiner and MLB authentication, plus clearly this is a pattern with Mets jerseys, but WHY are so many Mets jerseys altered?

Does anyone else stay away from them for this reason? My concern is if I bought one and ever had to sell it, since it was coming from an unknown collector like me, potential buyers would say 'hey you did something to the tags, what are you hiding?' even though evidence clearly shows the Mets do this a lot.

I have collected for 11 years and I know to me personally, altered/missing tags is generally a thing that makes me stay away from an item. But here it is as a consistent characteristic with Mets jerseys.

They seem to be the only team I see altering tags this much. Why are they doing this? Why aren't the jerseys coming from Majestic with set tags, customization tags already stitrhed in as part of the Majestic tag stitching, like other teams?

I am particularly baffled to see the usual size tag, 46, 48, etc, restitched often. That's not even a customization tag.

See photos below for a few examples. Have found countless jerseys like this
    Why is this so common on Mets jerseys?
    Thanks.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images