Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunt Auctions

Hunt Auctions

Hunt Auctions has some nice jerseys. Do they have a good reputation? Any thoughts on any of the listings?

Re: Hunt Auctions

There is a fake Will Clark home '89 WS on there.

One of the best in the business in my opinion. If there is a problem with an item they are quick to respond. If an item is pointed out to have questionable authenticity they will pull the item. The entire staff is very pleasant to deal with. Thumbs up in my book.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

I'm in agreement with Bill. The only problem is their lack of consistency in identifying jerseys as game-used, game-issued, or the non-specific catch-all, game-model. Still, overall they are among the best of the sports auction houses.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Hi Marichal,
    Can you please help me understand why the Clark jersey on Hunt is a fake? I'm new to collecting. thank you for your time

Ok. That is EASY! I knew Dick Dobbins and Lon Lewis knew him even better. The last game of the '89 WS was played at Candlestick , game 4. Except for 5-6 players, according to Lon and Dick, the players had a choice of taking one jersey, home or road. All one of them minus that 5-6 took the home. I live in SF and not too long thereafter, I've seen a Speier home '89 WS, Mitchell, and Clark home WS jerseys. I even asked Speier at a card show, when I wanted it signed, and asked him if this was his, turns out I had a fake home '89 WS jersey, and he said he had his, which was a home. They only made one home and 1 road. The "BP" jerseys only had the armband. Only a 7 game series. Unfortunately it only lasted 4,, but Giants fans were not really into games 3 & 4, for obvious reasons. You really think these star players only took a road g/u jersey from that WS with them? PLUS, I saw 3 of the fakes. Clark, Speier, and Mitchell. With a "collector" north of the Golden Gate. Three big name players. Ask Lon if you don't believe me. This has to be the faked Clark home I saw in 1990.

Ziggy Stardust...They don't know much if anything on jerseys. A few years ago I purchased a Giants jersey from someone who won it from Hunt. With the help of Lon Lewis, turned out to be fake. The winner was VERY fortunate that he still had the freceipt. He got his $$ back. A few years ago, I won a Giants jersey that was wrong and with the help of Lon again, I got most of my $$ back, but not the entire amt. I would be leary on bidding on a jersey from them, as far as the rest, good luck.

Wow, thanks so much for your advice. I truely appreciate it. What do you think about this Clark jersey on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Clark is signing in SF tomorrow...FYI if you're interested. again thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Marichal27 View Post
    Ok. That is EASY! I knew Dick Dobbins and Lon Lewis knew him even better. The last game of the '89 WS was played at Candlestick , game 4. Except for 5-6 players, according to Lon and Dick, the players had a choice of taking one jersey, home or road. All one of them minus that 5-6 took the home. I live in SF and not too long thereafter, I've seen a Speier home '89 WS, Mitchell, and Clark home WS jerseys. I even asked Speier at a card show, when I wanted it signed, and asked him if this was his, turns out I had a fake home '89 WS jersey, and he said he had his, which was a home. They only made one home and 1 road. The "BP" jerseys only had the armband. Only a 7 game series. Unfortunately it only lasted 4,, but Giants fans were not really into games 3 & 4, for obvious reasons. You really think these star players only took a road g/u jersey from that WS with them? PLUS, I saw 3 of the fakes. Clark, Speier, and Mitchell. With a "collector" north of the Golden Gate. Three big name players. Ask Lon if you don't believe me. This has to be the faked Clark home I saw in 1990.

I saw this jersey in person on Friday. the tagging has 1989 22. It shouls read 22 89 or 89 22. The jersey was very crisp and almost "new", never washed, since it has Clark's autograph. I pointed out some other tagging examples from old Leland's auctions and he seemed amazed. This was something The Scoreboard did, as well as other big name player jerseys back around the late '80's- early '90's. Not game used just looks sort of close to the real thing. Nice display piece, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Wow, thanks so much for your advice. I truely appreciate it. What do you think about this Clark jersey on Ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Clark is signing in SF tomorrow...FYI if you're interested. again thanks so much
    PS: Where is the Thrill signing? cgunnarh2@yahoo.com