Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with a Dolphins Helmet

I recently purchased a Dolphins helmet that came from the home of Lamar Thomas. Several items were on ebay, this one wasn't. This was not the helmet in the photo that was sent to me but decided to keep in anyway as it seems authentic, just trying to figure out whose it may have been. The clips on the face mask have a 99 on it so assume it was reconditioned then? Also, under some of the pads is a sticker with #T86 so thought maybe a training camp for #86? I think that was Orende Gasden? There is also a bright orange dot sticker with the reconditioned stickers. There is also something written in black marker, looks like Celzik or something like that

Re: Help with a Dolphins Helmet

Can you post a picture of it? The name Celzik or anything close doesn't ring a bell.

Hmmm.....I'm pretty well puzzled. I looked on the Dolphins past rosters and there was no Celzic, even in training camp. You got a great looking helmet though. If you ever want to part with it let me know!

Will do! I am hoping the #t86 means it was worn by #86 which is probably Gasden. I was bummed when it wasn't the helmet the sent a photo of which was definitely a Lamar Thomas and still had the mouthguard, and am confident this came from the team and Thomas, just wondering if someone gave him the helmet.

I know this if off topic so i hope you don't mind.But i just had to say,being a huge hurricanes fan i loved lamar thomas.I always thought he was underrated.I have a great hurricanes collection (tickets,programs,shirts,danbury mint etc)that includes a great hurricanes game tape library.And even though i'm in the process of trying to sell it.I have really loved watching those old games.And watching games of him and that great team they had.I don't see the program ever being like that again.Unless they bring back coker.Still can't believe they let him go.And for sure if they want to get back to winning they need to get rid of that coach of thiers.

perlman-I do have a question about the helmet.If you paid for a lamar thomas helmet.And they sent you a different helmet.Why would you accept that.Should'nt you get the helmet you paid for? Maybe i'm not uderstanding this.And was this directly from lamar himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    Will do! I am hoping the #t86 means it was worn by #86 which is probably Gasden. I was bummed when it wasn't the helmet the sent a photo of which was definitely a Lamar Thomas and still had the mouthguard, and am confident this came from the team and Thomas, just wondering if someone gave him the helmet.

I have a good answer, kind of. The person selling got a bunch of stuff from Lamar, including a couple of game dolphin jerseys, practice jerseys, helmets, his trophy balls, gold bag, etc. They were selling some on ebay and I was out of town and missed bidding on the jersey. I contacted them to let them know if the person faulted, I would get the jersey. They responded with they had one helmet left, which was the photo they sent, and the person decided not to get the jersey. I was set to get both and then heard the person did end up getting the jersey, so they gave me a pretty good deal (I thought) on the helmet. When the helmet arrived it wasn't what I was expecting and emailed to see if they had the other helmet. They said I could return the helmet I got for a full refund but because it was a decent price I decided to keep it anyway and am now trying to do some research. The person did ask Lamar and he said all the helmets were his, but this one doesn't add up with face mask he wore, so am just trying to see if someone knows anything about what the sticker with #t86 may mean...

ooops, golf bag, not gold bag =)

Thanks for the ansewer.And i knew you ment golf bag,as i knew it was'nt a big of gold.But that sure would've been nice.I can't believe larmar gave up all of those things of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    I have a good answer, kind of. The person selling got a bunch of stuff from Lamar, including a couple of game dolphin jerseys, practice jerseys, helmets, his trophy balls, gold bag, etc. They were selling some on ebay and I was out of town and missed bidding on the jersey. I contacted them to let them know if the person faulted, I would get the jersey. They responded with they had one helmet left, which was the photo they sent, and the person decided not to get the jersey. I was set to get both and then heard the person did end up getting the jersey, so they gave me a pretty good deal (I thought) on the helmet. When the helmet arrived it wasn't what I was expecting and emailed to see if they had the other helmet. They said I could return the helmet I got for a full refund but because it was a decent price I decided to keep it anyway and am now trying to do some research. The person did ask Lamar and he said all the helmets were his, but this one doesn't add up with face mask he wore, so am just trying to see if someone knows anything about what the sticker with #t86 may mean...