Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Just curious if anyone else is recieving what appears to be spam-like
    e-mails from Vipsportsgems/Sheffield11/Gameused1/Aaron Bragg? The format appears to be that of a mass e-mail. I know this is against forum rules and I suspect this is where he's getting the e-mail addresses from. Just curious if others on this site are recieving these e-mails. The one I'm referring to (although certainly not the first) was send about fifteen minutes ago. It appears that this member has been called into question before regarding multiple accounts, so some action should probably be taken. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Re: Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Just curious if anyone else is recieving what appears to be spam-like
    e-mails from Vipsportsgems/Sheffield11/Gameused1/Aaron Bragg? The format appears to be that of a mass e-mail. I know this is against forum rules and I suspect this is where he's getting the e-mail addresses from. Just curious if others on this site are recieving these e-mails. The one I'm referring to (although certainly not the first) was send about fifteen minutes ago. It appears that this member has been called into question before regarding multiple accounts, so some action should probably be taken. Ricardo
    His name is Anthony Bragg (unless Aaron is one of his aliases). Has he not been banned yet? I haven't received any spam from him, but I've had his various email addresses blocked.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: Is anyone else recieving Spam/Mass-E-mails from Gameused1/Sheffield11/Aaron Bragg?

Check that, you're right it is Anthony. It just appears that this person has broken many rules, but no action has been taken by the moderators (or so it appears) to rectify the problem. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

newyork2

I received emails from him, but only after I made purchases from him. I think he just simply has a mailing list of anyone who he was has ever emailed with. I dont think it is spam, just a list of items for sale to previous customers. Have you ever ever emailed him or bought anything from him before? That would explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork2 View Post
    I received emails from him, but only after I made purchases from him. I think he just simply has a mailing list of anyone who he was has ever emailed with. I dont think it is spam, just a list of items for sale to previous customers. Have you ever ever emailed him or bought anything from him before? That would explain it.
    Same here!!! I don't mind but, he gives better price in his email, then on eBay!

I have purchased from him in the past too and now receive emails. I don't mind, he has some nice stuff. Plus, its only once in a while with the emails.

-Chris

Hello Everyone,

This member, along with two others, has recently been banned for rule violations. As a side note, spamming GUU members with unsolicited emails is also a rule violation that will be dealt with by the administrators. If you receive these type of emails from anyone here please let us know and we will deal with the situation.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I would just like to point out that I never asked or requested to be on a mailing list, which I thought is what usually constitutes a mailing list. (for example I REQUESTED to be on the Tiger's mailing list and get e-mails from Marc). I just assumed that he was using e-mails from here and sending mass e-mails out. It also appeared to me that we was clearly using this site as a platform to promote his business, which I thought was against the rules, but he was doing it so indiscreetly, maybe it's not. The only reason that I brought it up was because it didn't appear to be the first "problem" that he's had on here. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    It also appeared to me that we was clearly using this site as a platform to promote his business, which I thought was against the rules, but he was doing it so indiscreetly, maybe it's not.
    Actually, here is the fourm rule in that regard:

No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

Again, we don't like to ban members so we often issue warnings first, etc. That is probably why it didn't happen as quickly as you might have expected.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I bought some stuff from him also. Not sure how I got on his e-mail list, but his prices were good.