Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Cool Question on an Arod fielding Glove

First, this was said to be a game used glove but I do not think it is for many reasons but can anyone shed some light as to when this style was made or if its still being made?

Thanks

Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Re: Question on an Arod fielding Glove

Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan34 View Post
    First, this was said to be a game used glove but I do not think it is for many reasons but can anyone shed some light as to when this style was made or if its still being made?

Thanks

i think this is the model that was designed by arod.

arod uses a pro-rv23 which is the robin venture model and prior to that he used the Rawlings PRO6HF, same model as Ripken. maybe he experiment with his model when he first tranferred to third, but you will consistently see him using the pro-rv23 model. anyone have a photo(s) of him using a pro-ar3?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Cool Re: Question on an Arod fielding Glove

Thanks for the info!

I know very little about feilding gloves so anything helps.

Is this then a model that was issued to him or a retail version. I thought player issued have the name stitched into them and retail does not, correct?

If it was issued to him, I'd assume it was given to someone and used on the local town ballfields instead of a major league field considering the amount of use and the lack of a photo with him using his own model.

Anyone else with any info?
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Re: Question on an Arod fielding Glove

here a photo game used pro-ar3 that sold in 2004. notice the embroidery lettering is different and minimum usuage.

anyways. i think arod preference was a PRO-GHF and PRO-6HF until 2006 when he went with the ventura PRO-RV23.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.