So, I know that there has been a few discussions here in the past about the NFL selling jerseys and not describing them correctly. Basically, they call every jersey and "authentic" jersey, when they're mostly Pro-Cut. Well, in the auction that just ended yesterday there were a few questions on a Redskins jersey that I was hoping that somebody could answer...

First, this Clinton Portis jersey is described as an "Authentic", but if you look at the picture, you can clearly see that there is a strip tag on the inside of the neck. It has a "04-46" on there. As far as I knew, no "Pro Cut" jerseys had the tagging, they were just made to the same specifications. Am I wrong? Basically, what's going on with there being a year and size tag? Does that mean that this was really a Game Issued rather than an authentic??? I'm assuming that I'm not the only one thinking it's a game issued since it sold for $405.

The same is true of this Clinton Portis jersey that sold a little over a month ago. This one sold for $315.

However, this Portis jersey, you can't see the tagging on the inside and it only sold for $255.

Again, I know that this general topis has been discussed before, but I'm just curious about the tagging issue on these particular jerseys. I will admit that I haven't looked at all the pictures of all the jerseys that they sell, but I haven't noticed strip tagging on other items previously. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!!

-Brian