Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: grey flannel is a joke

To the moderators,

O.K., I see you have removed the two posts, the first one by Sarahsdad that got me angry because he keeps coming at me with his "skirt" comments, and my subsequent responce.

I understand, and (of course) respect your actions.

But now, I am asking that you revolk his posting privilages with a stern warning to knock off his personal attacks towards me. He hasn't the spine to confront me as a man......he has to do it his little girl way......by making attacks via his postings on whatever thread he deems is yet another opportunity to take a stab at me.

Please email me and let me know if my request will be honored......or by all means feel free to post it here. I have nothing to hide from my fellow members.

Thank you,

Steve

clarification........."temporarily revolk" his posting privilages.

I believe even spineless forum members who have issues deserve another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Justin,

You need to understand something, suave1477 asked at the end of his opinionated post "Am I missing something?"

Common sense was the first thing that came to my mind. He didn't even read the fact that you mentioned you bid on it, then asked for the letter which came two weeks after you won the item.

He also apparently has no idea on how to approach these auction items which require a bid by each and every person who wants to bid on it again after it goes into the "after hours" trading.....therefore it makes much more sense to bid on the item early, as close to after the auction starts as possible, so as more people bid on it, you can then make your mind up a lot easier if you want to bid on it later, or if it has already passed a point you feel is too much for it.

But like he seems to be prone to do, it's much easier for him to side with the position opposite the collector, and like in this instance, stand up for a schlockhouse like Grey Flannel, and spew out his version of the legalities of you placing a bid early on, then asking for some descripted back-up on the item, NEVER receiving it, then winning it (probably because everyone else who dug into it never received what they wanted either, so they passed). Yes, you may have made a small mistake by bidding at apoint too late in the early bidding, but you have absolute right to be pissed. What happened to you here was deceitful, IMO.
    +1
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Mr.3000

To the moderators,

O.K., I see you have removed the two posts, the first one by Sarahsdad that got me angry because he keeps coming at me with his "skirt" comments, and my subsequent responce.

I understand, and (of course) respect your actions.

But now, I am asking that you revolk his posting privilages with a stern warning to knock off his personal attacks towards me. He hasn't the spine to confront me as a man......he has to do it his little girl way......by making attacks via his postings on whatever thread he deems is yet another opportunity to take a stab at me.

Please email me and let me know if my request will be honored......or by all means feel free to post it here. I have nothing to hide from my fellow members.

Thank you,

Steve

The personal attacks are growing old....really fast. I'm sure I'm not the only bystander that sees it. It's extremely childish.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    why am i angry? you are joking right? i bid with three weeks left in the auction...and asked to see the LOA the same day....so it takes 5 weeks to send me a copy of it? they didnt want to send it because the description is misleading. so if you read an item is accompanied by a psa/dna letter what do you assume? that implies to me that it has been authenticated...in this case it was never even inspected by psa/dna....if thats not mis.leading then what is to you???
    First of all I would like to point out half what you just posted you failed to mention in your OP.
    So I was going based on your original post.

You did not mention you asked for the letter 3 weeks previous to auction ending.
    You did not mention it took 5 weeks for you to actually get the letter.
    and even though it did take a while for you to get it which you probably are right that they may have rushed to get one even though they didn't have one!!! But that doesn't mean they didn't.

So again my comment was based on your original post.

Banned

Justin,

You need to understand something, suave1477 asked at the end of his opinionated post "Am I missing something?"

Common sense was the first thing that came to my mind. He didn't even read the fact that you mentioned you bid on it, then asked for the letter which came two weeks after you won the item.

He also apparently has no idea on how to approach these auction items which require a bid by each and every person who wants to bid on it again after it goes into the "after hours" trading.....therefore it makes much more sense to bid on the item early, as close to after the auction starts as possible, so as more people bid on it, you can then make your mind up a lot easier if you want to bid on it later, or if it has already passed a point you feel is too much for it.

But like he seems to be prone to do, it's much easier for him to side with the position opposite the collector, and like in this instance, stand up for a schlockhouse like Grey Flannel, and spew out his version of the legalities of you placing a bid early on, then asking for some descripted back-up on the item, NEVER receiving it, then winning it (probably because everyone else who dug into it never received what they wanted either, so they passed). Yes, you may have made a small mistake by bidding at apoint too late in the early bidding, but you have absolute right to be pissed. What happened to you here was deceitful, IMO.

The C & D letter Sarahsdad was referring to had NOTHING to do with me placing a bid on an item in their auction. It was about getting me to shut up with my comments about their questionable items, the way they run their business, their business practices, Richard Russek himself, etc. It is completely unrelated to you, what has happened here, and the reasons you are now angry. I wish you luck in getting it resolved.

My two cents of advice to you is this: If you really feel you don't want to pay for it, simply tell them to keep it and relist it for you in their very next auction. That will keep you out of legal trouble since you did place a bid on it. Take care, and good luck with this nasty situation......one that continues to shopw the collecting community of the character and class of Grey Flannel, and how they choose to treat their clients who make the mistake of doing business with them......IMO.
    Ok your response was lengthy so I will admit you lost me after a while.

I am not sure if you were referring to me lacking common sense???

You said I did not read that he bid on it??? I did not read that it came 2 weeks later???
    Did you even read my response or were you typing blindly??
    I brought up both cases in my initial response.

I did not side with anyone, i made my comment based on the original persons post and explained to him by bidding is a form of an agreement on a contract. So yes there are legalities to doing such things.

as for the +1 comment I am not sure if that is the other members way of agreeing with the lashing out, but if either one read the original post you would understand where I was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Ok your response was lengthy so I will admit you lost me after a while.

I am not sure if you were referring to me lacking common sense???

You said I did not read that he bid on it??? I did not read that it came 2 weeks later???
    Did you even read my response or were you typing blindly??
    I brought up both cases in my initial response.

I did not side with anyone, i made my comment based on the original persons post and explained to him by bidding is a form of an agreement on a contract. So yes there are legalities to doing such things.

as for the +1 comment I am not sure if that is the other members way of agreeing with the lashing out, but if either one read the original post you would understand where I was coming from.

I saw where you were coming from. Is Grey Flannel a joke? Could be. Should they have sent the scan of the LOA sooner? Sure! But the fact is, the bid was placed knowing the rules. Why not wait until the letter has been read before placing the bid? THAT is common sense, IMO.

+1 for Suave, the bidder needs to take some responsibility here.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I saw where you were coming from. Is Grey Flannel a joke? Could be. Should they have sent the scan of the LOA sooner? Sure! But the fact is, the bid was placed knowing the rules. Why not wait until the letter has been read before placing the bid? THAT is common sense, IMO.

+1 for Suave, the bidder needs to take some responsibility here.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    I was in a similar situation with an auction house a number of years back. The auction house that I dealt with has had a somewhat spotty reputation over the past few years but be that as it may, I readily admit, I did not do my due diligence and made a mistake. I placed a bid based on the auction description of an LOA and subsequently found the LOA was not what it was reported to be with some discrepencies. I had placed a bid which then put me into a binding contract with the auction house as clearly stated in their rules. The bottom line is, do your homework and be as completely sure and positive about what you are bidding on prior to placing a bid. I learned from that lesson and at the end of the day I blame auction houses who do a lousy job writing descriptions and don't do their own homework putting suspect items into auctions but it falls back on the bidder to be absolutely certain regarding the bid before placing it. The rules are the rules and once you bid, you are often out of luck and out of options not to pay for the item.

In that regard, you cannot blame the auction house or auction houses as if they did not have some measure in place regarding the winning bid being a binding contract, how often would they be left holding the bag due to buyers remorse. Now if they are purposely being deceitful or misleading that is another story entirely but bottom line, don't bid until you have every possible document, fact, etc. completed on your part.

I personally search each auction as soon as I know they are going live. I will not even consider a bid in the auction unless I can see all of the documents, LOA's, etc. and then attempt to photo match, check with industry sources etc. and make sure I am completely comfortable with the item prior to placing a bid. That is just me but I have not had a problem in a number of years because of this personal approach.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

Earlywynn and Mr. Miracle THANK YOU!!

I obtained an item from the most recent GF auction. Upon close inspection of the piece I had questions regarding the authentication and missing paperwork. My polite and cordial inquiries were never answered. I was very disappointed the company did not take the time to communicate with me.