Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

grey flannel is a joke

ill try to keep this brief. i won a lot in grey flannels latest round of bogus memorabilia. i bid on this item and emailed them to send me a copy of the psa/dna letter they stated came with the item. i did not get a copy of it until nearly 2 weeks after the auction ended. needless to say it wasn't a full psa/dna letter that i assumed it was. i informed them i was not happy with being mislead and was no longer interested in the item. i got no reply up until today when i got a letter from some law firm demanding payment in full and threatening me....i shoulda listened to all the bad things i read about GFC on this forum. i admit i shoulda never bid until i got the requested info from them. however i find this laughable. i already left nasty messages for both GFC and this law firm. they can both kiss my rear end...i will NEVER bid on their junk again....

Re: grey flannel is a joke

Can you give us any further details on the item and what the PSA/DNA letter stated? I would be curious to check their auction archive and see how the item was represented.

Good luck with this and let us know what happens!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

it was the ken griffey jr autographed game used bat. it was one of those loa's that are like 5 sentences long. and even states on it it is not a complete PSA/DNA letter of authenticity....i realized quickly why they waited so long to show me the loa....

and as far as what happens...doesnt matter. i will not pay for this item. they can have whoever they want contact me...or threaten me. they will not see a dime from me....

Was there a PSA/DNA number you could use on their website?

Banned

Justinlim I understand you might be upset by something that you thought to be more or something of that nature.

But playing devils advocate here.

I am not sure how you feel Grey Flannel is responsible yet even calling them a joke on this one.

1) You bid on the item to begin with!!!
    If you didn't want it why bid?
    By there rules stated you bid on the item which makes you responsible to pay. Also they state no returns all items sold as is.
    So you took a chance!!

2) You asked to see the letter after you won??

3) Now you don't want the item because it was not a full letter?
    Well to be honest they never stated it was a full letter.
    As you mentioned you "assumed" it was a full letter.

If I am correct I do believe a few auctions ago or it might of been another auction house I am not sure. That they will no longer be doing full letters and if you wanted a full letter you would have to pay an extra fee.

As far as the law firm that gets sent out no matter what when they don't recieve a payment in a certain time frame.
    So it is not nesicarrily a personal threat to you, they send them to everyone who doesn't pay.
    All companies if not most do that.

If you do not want to pay that is your choice, but yes they will have every right to pursue legal action against you and chances are will win, which in turn if you do not comply at that point they will garnish your wages till the amount is paid off.

So I do not follow why your mad for something your responsible for.

You didn't do your homework.
    You assumed.
    You made a bid even with the rules as stated. Which enters you into there agreement.

Am I missing something?

why am i angry? you are joking right? i bid with three weeks left in the auction...and asked to see the LOA the same day....so it takes 5 weeks to send me a copy of it? they didnt want to send it because the description is misleading. so if you read an item is accompanied by a psa/dna letter what do you assume? that implies to me that it has been authenticated...in this case it was never even inspected by psa/dna....if thats not mis.leading then what is to you???

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    why am i angry? you are joking right? i bid with three weeks left in the auction...and asked to see the LOA the same day....so it takes 5 weeks to send me a copy of it? they didnt want to send it because the description is misleading. so if you read an item is accompanied by a psa/dna letter what do you assume? that implies to me that it has been authenticated...in this case it was never even inspected by psa/dna....if thats not mis.leading then what is to you???
    GFC has their store. I bought a Dodger jersey a few years back, then quite awhile after that, through talking to Dodger jersey experts I found out it was a bad jersey. They refunded my $$, HOWEVER, they banned me from bidding in their auctions. I get punished for them selling a bad jersey. Yes, I agree, GFC is a joke! They can stick it.

I won a lot of two jerseys in GFC's last auction. After I received the jerseys in question I found out with help from a couple of forum members (Thanks kingjammy and TNTtoys) that one of them was actually just an autographed retail jersey. I sent GFC a cordial, detailed email indicating my issue with the jersey and they asked me to return it no questions asked and refunded me half of what I paid on the lot. This is the second time GFC has refunded me on a questionable jersey so I have to commend the way they handled my situations.

Now some say they shouldn't have had the jersey in the auction in the first place, which is true looking back on this particular jersey, but they did and it was part of the lot I bid on so I'm just glad things worked out the way they did.

justinlim24, I can understand your frustration so I wish you the best of luck and hope there is a reasonable resolution to your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    Justin,

You need to understand something, suave1477 asked at the end of his opinionated post "Am I missing something?"

Common sense was the first thing that came to my mind. He didn't even read the fact that you mentioned you bid on it, then asked for the letter which came two weeks after you won the item.

He also apparently has no idea on how to approach these auction items which require a bid by each and every person who wants to bid on it again after it goes into the "after hours" trading.....therefore it makes much more sense to bid on the item early, as close to after the auction starts as possible, so as more people bid on it, you can then make your mind up a lot easier if you want to bid on it later, or if it has already passed a point you feel is too much for it.

But like he seems to be prone to do, it's much easier for him to side with the position opposite the collector, and like in this instance, stand up for a schlockhouse like Grey Flannel, and spew out his version of the legalities of you placing a bid early on, then asking for some descripted back-up on the item, NEVER receiving it, then winning it (probably because everyone else who dug into it never received what they wanted either, so they passed). Yes, you may have made a small mistake by bidding at apoint too late in the early bidding, but you have absolute right to be pissed. What happened to you here was deceitful, IMO.

The C & D letter Sarahsdad was referring to had NOTHING to do with me placing a bid on an item in their auction. It was about getting me to shut up with my comments about their questionable items, the way they run their business, their business practices, Richard Russek himself, etc. It is completely unrelated to you, what has happened here, and the reasons you are now angry. I wish you luck in getting it resolved.

My two cents of advice to you is this: If you really feel you don't want to pay for it, simply tell them to keep it and relist it for you in their very next auction. That will keep you out of legal trouble since you did place a bid on it. Take care, and good luck with this nasty situation......one that continues to shopw the collecting community of the character and class of Grey Flannel, and how they choose to treat their clients who make the mistake of doing business with them......IMO.