Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

O/T - Farve Is A Viking

According to a sources from WCCO in Minneapolis, Brett Favre has reached a contractual agreement with the Minnesota Vikings that will become official on July 3rd. This package includes a 1 year agreement with HEAVY incentives (wonder what those are?) The Vikings equipment manager has all ready ordered ole #4's jerseys and is preparing him a locker at the Metro Dome.

Who didn't see this coming.....

Re: O/T - Farve Is A Viking

I'm sorry but this guy has become a joke in my book if this is true. Don't friggin retire TWICE now if you intend to keep coming back to play. After he plays for the Vikings and retires AGAIN who's he going to play for next??

I think that it is obvious he no longer plays for the love of the game. Retiring twice in 2 years, and coming back to play, I feel, is a desperate attempt to try to regain any type of dignity he had before this all began.

As a broke down QB, just coming off of surgery, I cannot see this upcoming season being a good one for the Vi-Queens. But then again, he has Adrian Peterson to cover for his stats. Or lack there of. This will be interesting.

Banned

Who the **** CARES?? Favre is now the biggest diva in the NFL...his ego has gotten to the point that he's starting to make Chad Ochocinco and T.O. look humble!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Note To Bears Fans - Red Rover, Red Rover, Your Season Is Over!!

Coming from a Vikes.. This is a great move. Who cares if he's washed up and just stinks this year - to see ALL the loyal Favre/Packers fans watching him in Purple & Gold ... priceless ha!
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

I can't wait for Clay Matthews to come from the blind side and knock his head off, then BJ Raji can land on him...

Listen to all the haters?

Why the lambasting of Favre? I just don't get it?

If all of you that HATE Brett so badly really mean what you are spewing out in venomous words.....then you don't know your football.

Brett, if healthy, makes ANY team instantly a contender. And if the team already has a good nucleus.....he may be the difference in getting to the Bowl.

None of us know if he will be healthy when the season starts.....but if I own an NFL club, I'd take the chance if Favre was saying he wanted to play for my team. He always had a strong (strong) arm, always makes the game exciting, and always gives his fans the feeling that no matter what the score is, if he's on the field, your team has a chance. Yes, he has gotten a little wreckless in his later years and brought the gunslinging to a whole new level.....but don't you get your money's worth with him? If he throws a late interception and his team loses the game, that's just the way it goes. At least he was out there TRYING to do something spectacular for his club. How can you HATE a guy for wanting it so badly???

I really look forward to seeing him in the horns. And I will be glued to the set when the Vikings play those games against the Packers. In this screwed up world we're presently having to reside in, this will be entertaining as hell to watch, and a nice break from the monotonous daily bad news on every channel.

Go Favre!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Listen to all the haters?

Why the lambasting of Favre? I just don't get it?

If all of you that HATE Brett so badly really mean what you are spewing out in venomous words.....then you don't know your football.

Brett, if healthy, makes ANY team instantly a contender. And if the team already has a good nucleus.....he may be the difference in getting to the Bowl.

None of us know if he will be healthy when the season starts.....but if I own an NFL club, I'd take the chance if Favre was saying he wanted to play for my team. He always had a strong (strong) arm, always makes the game exciting, and always gives his fans the feeling that no matter what the score is, if he's on the field, your team has a chance. Yes, he has gotten a little wreckless in his later years and brought the gunslinging to a whole new level.....but don't you get your money's worth with him? If he throws a late interception and his team loses the game, that's just the way it goes. At least he was out there TRYING to do something spectacular for his club. How can you HATE a guy for wanting it so badly???

I really look forward to seeing him in the horns. And I will be glued to the set when the Vikings play those games against the Packers. In this screwed up world we're presently having to reside in, this will be entertaining as hell to watch, and a nice break from the monotonous daily bad news on every channel.

Go Favre!!!
    Steve,

when you said Farve might be the difference in the vikes getting to the bowl, were you talking toilet ? I'm not sure he made the Jets that much better last season. He had a chance to go out on top with dignity, and might have been well served to do so. I'm not a hater either, well maybe the Eagles since I live in PA, and am a Skins fan (ok I said it so let the beatings begin)! I just dont see disrupting the good nucleus of players for a one time shot at an SB. Keep what you have, and just get better. They have AP, and were successful last year-don't gamble team chemistry.

Mark

I'm a Viking fan. My concern is, if Favre is coming back with the intent to only stick it to the Packers, knowing that he can't give the Vikings what they need at quarterback, then he needs to stay retired and not jepordize the Vikings season.
    I'm excited to have him leading the Vikes at quarterdeck, but I just don't know if he really has it anymore, like the Vikings and Vikings fans are hoping.

We've always needed that quarterback to get us over the top. Not sure if Favre really can do it now.

Regards, Tony