Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Is Collecting Going To Far......eBay This!

Re: Is Collecting Going To Far......eBay This!

Well it is for charity so...

Mr.3000

It takes all kinds. Some people will try to make money from anything.

I would expect that the presence of the hair in the list of auction items would actually turn some folks off who might otherwise bid. Seriously, that's just kind of gross. I can think of a thousand personal items that would be more likely to attract bids.

The only hair in my collection is a small quantity of my own, which I shaved in tribute when Matt Williams retired.

I agree, Godwulf, I thought it was kinda gross too. Some day will see some player spit out a nasty wad of chew and it'll end up for sale.

OT, but didn't the Mariners have a Jay Buhner Day ... where if you shaved your head you got into the game free? I think they even had barber chairs outside the stadium. I remember even seeing some young girls that did it and thought -- oh yeah, you thought it was fun tonight but I bet when your parents see you, or when you wake up tomorrow, you're gonna look in the mirror and cry.

This is not the first time that locks of hair have hit the auction block. Many many times. There have been auctions for hair from several presidents, Elvis, and Marilyn Monroe to just name a few. Someone out there may actually only collect hair.

Banned

[quote=cordovacollector;149152]I agree, Godwulf, I thought it was kinda gross too. Some day will see some player spit out a nasty wad of chew and it'll end up for sale.

Helen:

It's already happened (sort of)...,

While playing for Arizona, Luis Gonzalez spit out a wad of bubble gum onto the field. The ABC gum was retrieved and put on eBay for a charity auction.

Dave M.
    Chicago area