Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Game Used Pink Bats?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Quite of few of the Athletics were not using pink bats. So I guess it was up to the players who ever wanted to particapate!!!
    "The thought of these big macho men, swinging pink bats to help women with breast cancer ... what a novel idea," Louisville Slugger President John Hillerich said.

Louisville Slugger was the only company that made the pink bats. More than 400 bats were being made, and each player using the bats are set to get 2 bats each. The goal was to get at least 3 to 4 starters per team using the pink Louisville Slugger bats.

The Louisville Slugger factory started making the bats last week. Players were still placing orders as of Tuesday, and bats will probably be made and shipped overnight until Thursday or Friday.

"The response has been phenomenal," Hillerich said. The game bats, along with team signed pink logo bats, the home plates and pink lineup cards, will be autographed by the teams and will be auctioned off later with the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Foundation.

The bats posed something of a logistical problem for Louisville Slugger. Each player uses a different model and size, so coloring, branding and shipping them for Sunday's game has been a challenge, company spokesman Dan Burgess said.

Does anyone know if the pink bats that were to be used in the Rangers/Red Sox game that was rained out will be auctioned, and since the game was rained out, is there any chance the players from those teams might use them in a subsequent game? I know Teixeria had planned on using one because his mother had cancer.

Re: Texas pink bats, per info on the team website, they weren't sure where or when they would get to use them. Appears the Rangers were one of the first teams to sign up for the fundraiser, kudos to them!

Have any Red Sox or Rangers surfaced. Did they ever get to use them in a game later? It does seem not all bats from player's made it to mlb auctions. I wonder if some player's kept them for themselves.....

Banned

Since then I have spoke with Bubba Crosby from the Yankees and why he didnt have a Pink bat. He told me when the representitives from Louisville slugger came to the stadium to ask players to sign up for that bat they approached who ever was there at that time. Bubba was at Batting Practice so they missed him. Bubba also pointed out Melky Cabrera didnt get one and that he was practicing with Bubba.