Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

e-bay deal question

I don't know what the deal is with people these days, but it never ceases to amaze me. Ok I sold a bat on e-bay nearly a month ago. Buyer paid with paypal, and bat was sent out. He got it and said everything looked good. I recieved an e-mail from him several days ago saying he sent the bat out for authentication to psa/dna and they would not authenticate it. Now he is wanting a refund. I exchanged e-mails with john taube and he said the bat was authentic, and may very well have been used by the player, but he couldn't attribute all the use to the player. Therefore he wasn't going to authenticate it. The buyer claims to have spoken with paypal and they told him he was owed a refund. However I called and spoke with someone at paypal and they told me I am not obligated to issue a refund. The buyer is trying to claim the item was not as described, when in fact it was. Taube never said the bat was never used by the player. Whats the right thing to do in this case?

Re: e-bay deal question

Did you guarantee the bat to pass authentication? It sounds like the fact that Taube won't authenticate it doesn't mean it is not authentic. I say you do not owe a refund unless you made an explicit guarantee that it would pass PSA/DNA cert.

If you would post the eBay auction number here there are those of us who would like to assist you, I am sure.

Banned

he has 45 days to make a claim through paypal. Did he leave you a positive ? If he did your chances would be better winning the paypal case. If not 99.9% of the time paypal will grant the buyer a refund pending his return of the item to you.

only thing I said in the auction was.."I bought this bat from a reputable dealer, and is guranteed authentic." Nothing about guaranteeing it to pass any authentication process. No he never left me any feedback, just got an e-mail that he recieved the bat and that it looked good. That in my mind tells me he certified that the bat was as described in the listing. Only way I'll issue a refund is if paypal makes me. We shall see.......

You put "John Doe game used bat" in the title and the description? Guaranteed it to be authentic, I send it in to get authenticated and I cant. Is that right?

Im not saying you are wrong, but if I bought a bat that was guaranteed authentic, and I then sent it in for authentication, and they wont do it for whatever reason, Id be a little upset too.

Banned

Didnt you have another problem with a different bat with a forum member? Maybe its you, and not the buyers? Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    You put "John Doe game used bat" in the title and the description? Guaranteed it to be authentic, I send it in to get authenticated and I cant. Is that right?

Im not saying you are wrong, but if I bought a bat that was guaranteed authentic, and I then sent it in for authentication, and they wont do it for whatever reason, Id be a little upset too.
    Ditto. How would you feel if you were the buyer? If this is the scenario, I say do the right thing and refund the $$.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

yea i had a little conflict with a forum member. but we worked that out. and it was not over the authenticity of the batl but simply there being a crack. like i said that was resolved. in this case the buyer simply doesnt want the bat. having what some call buyers remorse and simply wants a refund. this bat is authentic...as john taube told me in his e-mail. so my guarantee was correct. just because some other player may have also used the bat...which i was unaware of is not my problem. the bat is still game used by the player i said it was. its pretty simple. i have a 100% feedback rating on e-bay and have sold a couple items on here without incident. so no...its not me. people buy things then want to change their mind after the fact. i simply do not get it....

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Ditto. How would you feel if you were the buyer? If this is the scenario, I say do the right thing and refund the $$.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Got to disagree here. Let me see if I understand the facts....

1) The buyer had plenty of time to review the item and do his research.

2) The seller said that the bat was "guranteed authentic". That is his word that it is authentic. He did not state that anyone else (authenticator) who laid eyes on it would also agree. Experts have been proven wrong.

3) The buyer sent an email saying that it looked good, meaning that he was satisfied with the bat. He only became unhappy when Taube wouldnt issue a letter?

4) Taube said that the bat was authentic but that he couldnt attribute ALL of the use to that player.

if that's all true, then I say tell the buyer to go pound salt. just my .02