Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ever sold to someone famous?

Well I haven't sold any equipment to any players, but there are several Braves players that have my photography. There's this lady that knows a lot of players on the team and helps me get down as close to the game as possible to get the best shots. She then gives the players my photos. A few to name specifically.....Jorge Campillo, Jordan Schafer, & Derek Lowe all have my photos. I just got an e-mail from the lady tonight who helps me with this and Tommy Hanson is now expecting some of my photos from his Major League Debut to give to his family. It's pretty neat and I might start giving players photos too everytime I meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Well I haven't sold any equipment to any players, but there are several Braves players that have my photography. There's this lady that knows a lot of players on the team and helps me get down as close to the game as possible to get the best shots. She then gives the players my photos. A few to name specifically.....Jorge Campillo, Jordan Schafer, & Derek Lowe all have my photos. I just got an e-mail from the lady tonight who helps me with this and Tommy Hanson is now expecting some of my photos from his Major League Debut to give to his family. It's pretty neat and I might start giving players photos too everytime I meet them.
    I hope they're fairly compensating you for your pictures with destroyed bats that can be photomatched
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I sold a photo via eBay of 1940s Bears running back Marshall Goldberg to Marshall Goldberg, via his grandson's account. After winning it, his grandson told me he showed the the listing to the then 80-something Marshall and Marshall said he'd never before seen the photo. The grandson won it and give it to Marshall as a present. It was a great photo, shot for 'Marshall Goldberg Day' in Chicago. It showed him dressed up as a cowboy, a six shooter in one hand and a football in the other. The sale was probably more of a thrill for me than Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    One former Twin was at a signing with his son and I had a game used bat for him to sign. When he saw it he smiled and said, "Oh, that was my favorite bat for a long time!" So I gave it to him ... and he gave it to his son. Later during the night game he handed up two bats to me.
    That's a great story! I lived in MN during the 90's and met a bunch of Twins players at TwinsFests. Who was the player you gave the bat to? I met Hrbek at the Mall of America during his appreciation weekend in August of 1995 and he seemed a bit surly to me. Didn't see Puckett at the two Twinsfests I attended, and don't even know if he showed up, but I did see him twice at a Jerry's grocery store in Edina, MN when I was 14. Wish I'd talked to him.

Through my Sports Art company I get a lot of celebrity clients, but my favorite story was when I got a call from Kareem Abdul Jabaar's agent who wanted a Muhammad Ali painting I had. I still have a copy of the check Kareem sent me.

Second would be Jamal Anderson of the Atlanta Falcons who purchased an original painting of Muhammad Ali and we got to talk several times. I shipped the painting to a good buddy of mine who lived close to Jamal near Atlanta and he got to uncrate the painting and hand-deliver it to Jamal. The best part was how appreciative Jamal was. Great guy.

I also have had Jesse Barfield on eBay and a few retired players.

Always nice when you do a signing with a player who asks for something you have them sign. We did a signing with Jordan Zimmermann of the Nationals who really liked a photo we had of him so he got 3 or 4 photos. Then later he sent me a text message and asked for a few more.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

at the Winterfest show in Baltimore in early 2007 (which included a reunion of sorts of the '83 Orioles WS team), I brought three game used bats of Bobby Bonner (whose primary claim to fame is being one of the three players pictured on Cal's rookie card) for him to sign. After showing them to him and discussing them, etc., he told me that he didn't save any bats from his career...I susbsequently gave him two of the bats so he could give them to his grown children (for their children)....The email that he sent me a few days afterwards to thank me again was payment enough....

Believe it or not one of my fathers really close friends deals in classic cars and Reggie Jackson is an avid car collector he has sold Reggie a few cars and attended car shows with him i have a couple signed balls with hof inscriptions and Mr. October. My dad has a Game Issued bat that was signed and personlized to him from Reggie. Reggie is a stand up guy.

I have sold several rare Topps proof cards to Keith Olbermann. I've also had several former players and family members contact me through my Houston Gamblers website: www.houston-gamblers.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Banned

I sold a gu bat on eBay to jamie denton - the actor who plays(ed) the plumber on Desperate Houswives.

i sold some manufacturing equipment to jesse james of west coast choppers years ago on ebay. it's my day job not sports related but neat

take care
    john