Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLB logo on Louisville Sluggers What year(s)

Any info on what years the MLB logo was on the middle of the barrel on Louisville Sluggers? Just about the same spot the 125yr logo is this year.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks-

Re: MLB logo on Louisville Sluggers What year(s)

1999 to early 2001.

Do you happen to know whether it's true that they used the "outline" logo from '99 until sometime in 2000, when they switched to the "filled in" version? That's what I've heard from some people, but others say that they've seen bats from as late as '01 with the outline logo.

I don't think you can differentiate bats from this labeling era by whether the logo is outlined or filled in. In Malta's book, he says both versions were used, though the wording and accompanying illustrations are confusing. He differentiates 1999 by suggesting that was the only year the logo was branded or foil stamped; in 2000-01, he says foil stamped only. He also says 1999 had both outlined and filled-in logos, but that the logo in 2000-01 was just outlined -- even though readers are directed to photos of both styles.

I've owned Darryl Kile Cardinals bats that were both outlined and filled in -- and Kile didn't play for the Cards until 2000. I also have seen photos on eBay of a 2001 Tatis Expos bat that is filled in and a 2001 Tabaka Cardinals bat that is outlined (they were on different teams in 1999-2000).

I invite members to post photos of bats from that era with examples of both brands. If you can pinpoint a bat to one season -- 1999, 2000 or 2001 -- please share.

I'll start with this one, a Will Clark Cardinals bat that was made in late 2000. Will was traded to St. Louis on 7/31/00 and that was his last season. Natural bat, filled-in logo.

Some player's still have us put the logo on the front of the bat instead of the back side.
    Brian Hillerich

Banned

BMH can you tell us which players? Or any players you know off the top of your head?

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Some player's still have us put the logo on the front of the bat instead of the back side.
    Garciaparra is one, right? Who are some of the others off the top of your head?

Here are 2 Different 1999 Gwynn LVS. One soild "Friar" the other is not "filled" but is Colored in. Both Bats have Black Nat. League Transfers only, no Blue Transfers, circa 2000 Baseballs. Tony looked at the Colored in Bat & said "I did that" he also looked at a (hand painted) Gold Striped 1998 Bat that I have.

BMH, Any idea how many "Swinging Friar" Bats were produced?

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jeff/birdbats....

Sounds like the situation is even more confusing than I imagined.

Jeff/godwulf