Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

America, 4th of July.....and Grey Flannel....

Well,

I hope you all enjoy this post.....my last in regards to anything related to Grey Flannel.

Apparently, speaking your opinion about someone's customer service, or lack there-of, when commenting on a post another member posted in regards to the same thing......is now considered "actionable" to Grey Flannels lawyers.

Apparently....referring to a place as a "schlockhouse" without making any other reference as to any wrongdoing like fraud, making libelous comments, or calling out an item as being bad is considered "the last warning" to Grey Flannels lawyers.

In fact, it is apparent to me that if you have an opinion at ALL that is not to the liking, complimentary in nature, or favorable to Grey Flannel.....you had better keep it to yourself.

So, as I promised.......and up to this point felt I had kept my promise.....I will not be commenting at all on anything related to Grey Flannel.

I received my second C & D letter today, stating that (the lawyer) had been informed that I had apparently changed direction in not wanting to be part of any unwarranted attacks against them, or derrogatory in nature.

For whatever reason, they have singled me out as the "example" of what they will do when someone is acting (verbalizing) in a manner that is offensive to the company.

I feel I have been maintaining VERY CLEARLY that everything I have stated since the first C & D letter was simply my opinion. An OPINION. Not an attack, a statement meant to defame or cause damage.......just an added opinion. But as I promised the attorney who I called on the first C & D letter that I would avoid this, because I did not want to be involved with even the remote possibility of legal action for simply stating my "opinions".

So good luck forum members. The best I can figure, the second letter was instigated by someone at Grey Flannel who is obviously reading the posts, and my comments, posts #10, 21, 23, 33, and 34 from this thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26813

.....prompted this letter.

So, I am not looking for a fight. You win Grey Flannel. If I ever make another comment abnout ANYTHING someone else posts, I will respond only to the item itself, and in the form of fact finding questions, in line with the polocies of this forum.

Happy forth of July, fellow forum members. Just remember, in America, you have a right to free speech......unless you fight the "establishment" and piss off the wrong group. Then, you get no apple pie.

Regards,

Steve

Re: America, 4th of July.....and Grey Flannel....

Steve, they are obviously just trying to scare you, they aren't going to do anything. If you had a bad experience with them, and you use that experience as an example. The biggest part of their case for slander or libel, has to be that your statement(s) are untrue. It's cheap to have a letter sent, they're just hoping that you'll shut up, don't give them that achievement As long as you have facts to back up what you're saying, there's nothing they can do, a good company would ask how they can fix or take your suggestions into consideration. Clearly something's not Kosher, they know it, and are trying to hide it. Shoot, it would cost them more in lawyers' fees than they would ever get from a case against you, which would be unlikely in itself. I would bet they wouldn't do anything past a letter, because they know anything else would be pointless and a waste of time for them. Plus, it's bad PR when the issues disclosed. Point being, don't let them intimidate you, everyone knows, including them, they can't do anything.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Steve, they are obviously just trying to scare you, they aren't going to do anything. If you had a bad experience with them, and you use that experience as an example. The biggest part of their case for slander or libel, has to be that your statement(s) are untrue. It's cheap to have a letter sent, they're just hoping that you'll shut up, don't give them that achievement As long as you have facts to back up what you're saying, there's nothing they can do, a good company would ask how they can fix or take your suggestions into consideration. Clearly something's not Kosher, they know it, and are trying to hide it. Shoot, it would cost them more in lawyers' fees than they would ever get from a case against you, which would be unlikely in itself. I would bet they wouldn't do anything past a letter, because they know anything else would be pointless and a waste of time for them. Plus, it's bad PR when the issues disclosed. Point being, don't let them intimidate you, everyone knows, including them, they can't do anything.
    Ricardo,

Thanks for the kind comments. But it's obvious I at some point got into someone's craw. I'm not just under their skin, I've reached the plueral cavity.

Where are the other forum members receiving letters like I have? I haven't heard of any. Are they just keeping quiet about it? Certainly there is no problem with sharing the fact you received a C & D letter, so why am I the only one talking? I'm on number two, which I feel wasn't warranted as I have made no attacks or suggestions as to any criminal, fraudulent, or similar activity whatsoever.

The only thing I may have said that could be a "My bad....sorry" was calling them a "schlockhouse". If you are reading Grey Flannel ....I apologize for that opinion/statement. It is not in good nature in following with the forum rules.....this is true, and I recognize it, and won't do it again.

But is it approaching "actionable" legal action against myself? Wow....I don't see how.

Opinion's are just that.....a dime a dozen. Everyone has one, and they are only meaningful to the one who takes something from them. Otherwise, they are harmless. But the letter I received states otherwise. I just don't wish to push the issue.

Mr.3000

I seriously would not be so easily intimidated by any C&D letter received from someone's attorney. ANYONE can have their attorney write up a letter and send it to you.

Watch....

It is my opinion that Grey Flannel SUCKS. I would not EVER buy anything from them due to their poor customer service and from what I have seen....the many, many issues related to items they have sold. I would never choose to purchase any item from them. If anyone looking to do so....please be sure to read the MANY threads on this forum related to this topic.

Jason Adair
    Culpeper, Va (won't take a law degree to find my full address)

Should I receive any idle threat from their attorney...I will tell them then what I will tell them now....

They can take their little threats and shove them where the sun does not shine.

I am fully entitled to my OPINION. I am fully entitled to offer advice to others on whom they should and should not do business with. Nothing said even borders libel or slander.

I find threads like this.....where people are afraid because of a "scare tactic" letter....quite funny. Not funny at you Squeeze.....just funny in general.

/rant

Well, there you have it couldn't have put it better myself. Let us know if you get a letter Jason.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Well, there you have it couldn't have put it better myself. Let us know if you get a letter Jason.

I'll gladly let you know and post a pic....BEFORE I use it as TP

As it's obvious, I have a low tolerance for companies who make constant mistakes, then try to bully people around to shut them up from calling them out on said mistakes and/or poor business practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    I seriously would not be so easily intimidated by any C&D letter received from someone's attorney. ANYONE can have their attorney write up a letter and send it to you.

Watch....

It is my opinion that Grey Flannel SUCKS. I would not EVER buy anything from them due to their poor customer service and from what I have seen....the many, many issues related to items they have sold. I would never choose to purchase any item from them. If anyone looking to do so....please be sure to read the MANY threads on this forum related to this topic.

Jason Adair
    Culpeper, Va (won't take a law degree to find my full address)

Should I receive any idle threat from their attorney...I will tell them then what I will tell them now....

They can take their little threats and shove them where the sun does not shine.

I am fully entitled to my OPINION. I am fully entitled to offer advice to others on whom they should and should not do business with. Nothing said even borders libel or slander.

I find threads like this.....where people are afraid because of a "scare tactic" letter....quite funny. Not funny at you Squeeze.....just funny in general.

/rant
    You just made the list.

What the hell is Grey Flannel?

(And I am being serious)
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    What the hell is Grey Flannel?

(And I am being serious)
    WOW! SERIOUSLY CHAKES?! It is one of the larger Auction Houses....

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/

Man, you would think that in this economic downtime they would welcome more folks with open arms. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm glad to know that they are so well off that they pick and choose who's money is good to them.

Oh, SH*T! I just made the list!