Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Grey Flannel Authenticated 2002 Jeff Bagewell Jersey?

Although I've sold a few 2002 Astros red jerseys and specifically a 2002 Bagwell, I was asked by one of my customers to comment on the following jersey being offered by Kevin Savage Cards and authenticated by Grey Flannel:

http://www.kevinsavagecards.com/LotD...px?lotid=61884

Name:  BAGWELL 2002.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  5.4 KB

Based on the 2002 Astros I sold, and after speaking with Chris Boyd who also has obtained a nice assortment of 2002 jerseys directly from the Astros via several sources including charity, several aspects on this jersey have never been seen on the other known 2002 examples including:

1. 6200 code on the washing tag. I've never seen another 2002 red with
    this code; all have had the pro-code 0062, as usually found on retail
    versions.
    2. Embroidered strip tag. Based on the other 2002 jerseys and according
    to Boyd, the Astros have never incorprated an embroidered strip tag on
    their jerseys of this era.

Any insight from other Astros collectors or those familiar with Astros jerseys is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Re: Grey Flannel Authenticated 2002 Jeff Bagewell Jersey?

Current Ebay offering, 2002 Oswalt with team LOA. Note, no embroidered strip tag in the tail, correct 0062 code on the tag and also the placement of the size tag directly in the middle of the Majestic tag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-OSWALT-%234...29207008r16487

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

I saw Majestic jerseys like this in the early 2000s before quantities were released into the hobby, espcially the Astros (although some Cubs fakes with this style of embroidery font in the collar tags exist, as well). Apparently some boob was trying to get his share of illicit profits before the tagging designs, 0062 codes, etc., became basic knowledge in the hobby.

Kevin Savage is a good guy and an honest dealer, but not a jersey guy...his realm is more cards, although he did also pick up some Tigers gamers a while ago, many of which he has run and is running on the Bay.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I would like to say......Um...........I would.........Geez, I'm on C & D letter number two....

allow me suicide.....grey flannel is a joke.....DO NOT waste your time nor money on any of their crap. Their auctions are just filled with bogus stuff. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.....trust me......you will not regret it......