Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How do you explain this?

I picked up this jersey at the Amazin' Mets Memorbilia store at Shea Stadium last year, and had to get this jersey when I saw it because he was my favorite Met at the time. It's a ST jersey obviously from 2008, but the tag says it's from Set E 2006. This is something that is puzzling me, and really have no idea how this is possible. My only guess is that it was an 06 jersey that was never used nor had a name on it, and it managed to find use in 08.

Re: How do you explain this?

It has been a common trait for the Mets to use leftover jerseys..But what baffles me are 2 things Matt Wise wore number 38 in spring training and there is another Waits jersey from last season on ebay here is a spring training photo from 2008 spring training and the ebay link..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-New-York-Me...lenotsupported
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Never mind lol I was doing to many things at once lol..Anyways there is a great possibility that the Mets used a leftover jersey for Wise in spring training ..It has happened although a 2 year span is kinda odd but not out of the norm...
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

I always liked Wise and was so excited when the Mets signed him. Unfortunately he only pitched in eight games for them, and did not do well.

Hello: My Marcos Carvajal Jersey Have The Same Set E.-
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Yours is from 2007 though. I wanted to ask you about that jersey. Do you know anything about it, because I have no idea when it could have been used? Schoeneweis wore 36 in ST, and I don't think he was called up during the season although he could have been, he just never made an apeearance. Carvajal was either released or traded by the Mets midseason of that year.

this was a message of metsbats:

Re: July Pick Ups
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MUSEOVEN

Here's an article I found several months ago regarding Scott's initially receiving the number 36 and then asking for his no. 60.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...pagewanted=all

If this article is accurate, Scott never wore no. 36 in Spring Training.

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Maybe he did wear, maybe he didn't I have no idea. I do know that his 36 jersey was for sale at Shea in 2007, and found it very strange. I'm surprised though that Carvajal would get 36 in ST when guys like him would get a number in the 70s. But I'm guessing he did wear 36 in ST he was on the 40 man roster before being let go by the Mets.